• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How good is the Panthers offensive line?

TheSpecialJuan

1 hour ago, mav1234 said:

So we're #11 despite allowing the fewest pressures, and with our run game performing how it is? Wild.

Yes. Do you know how rare a good oline is? #11 out of 32 is about top 30%…that’s very impressive. I think one more year keeping them together could prove a top tier oline. 

Oline is the second most important aspect of a winning team aside from defense and even ahead of an elite QB. If you watch the top oline teams like the eagles and chiefs, you can tell they’re on another level than the panthers.

I still see a few bonehead blunders every game and that’s probably keeping us out of top 5 but this ranking is about where I would rank them.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Yes. Do you know how rare a good oline is? #11 out of 32 is about top 30%…that’s very impressive. I think one more year keeping them together could prove a top tier oline. 

Oline is the second most important aspect of a winning team aside from defense and even ahead of an elite QB. If you watch the top oline teams like the eagles and chiefs, you can tell they’re on another level than the panthers.

I still see a few bonehead blunders every game and that’s probably keeping us out of top 5 but this ranking is about where I would rank them.

age is key, 4 out of 5 are younger than 27. 

the other huge key is control- those same 4 are all under control for the next 3 years.

I still remember my talk skip holtz. I asked him what was his number 1 goal when he took over a program- "fix the OL"

You can control the game with a elite OL and you dont need a elite QB or elite RB/WR to get elite results. 

finesserererererer needs some praise for doing this via both the draft and FA allllll within 2 years.

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

A great o line is definitely rare and it's pretty awesome pff even considers us 11th, just surprised by the stat snippet - I wouldn't really have expected so few pressures, but as stbugs said we don't exactly have many pass attempts.  

but sacks given up aren't all on the OL. All our QBs have def given some up at times.

1 hour ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Funny how much better this oline got once Elflein was benched. Of course Fatt Fhule didn't realize Bozeman was like five times better... Just add that to his laundry list of fugups for us...

I already thought Rhule was a clown, but that Center battle in camp during a QB battle was the most baffling poo. I gotta imagine it's because Rhule wanted Elf the year before and Fitt picked up Boze without Rhules consent to upgrade and Rhule was like woah woah woah a heheheh oink oink I'm the Head Coach buddy

• Beer 2
  • The D 1