• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are you all in on a Panthers Playoff Push?

Zod

yes. i mean i don't have much confidence that we will go beyond the first round, but i think we're built to make it hard for anyone we face. it won't be a cakewalk and it would be a great motivator heading into the offseason. 

it doesn't matter how you get into the playoffs. only thing that matters is what you do when you get there and the old phrase “On Any Given Sunday, any team can beat any other team.” holds true for the playoffs just like it does in the regular season. as long as we are on the field, especially with the fight that has been instilled in these guys, and if that OL can keep pushing its way through and that defense still holds up, we can beat any team in the league....meaning we've got a chance. 

at the point when rhule was fired, i don't think anyone really believed that we would do anything.  the season was over for the panthers. now things are clicking and the situation is lining up to give us that opportunity to get in the playoff dance. 

sure, we could get embarrassed...but 1) i doubt that we would ...we'll put up a fight and 2) just getting there is a big boon for morale finishing up the season especially contrasted with where we were as a franchise 6 weeks ago.

the big thing in finishing up a season is feeling good about what you're building. if you can't win the whole thing, you've got to have that. 

• Pie 7
  • Beer 2

31 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Now this is truly throwing in the towel as a fan. Simply accepting being bad and just hoping the division somehow manages to be even worse on occasion. That's a tough row to hoe.

Just face it, until we land another legit franchise QB the greatest hope we're going to have every year is going to come in late April. That's what keeps my hope alive.

But thats the thing, we're not really a "bad" team anymore.  We're 3-1 over the past 4 games, and seem to be rolling right now.  We started off the year historically bad, but I'd say we're actually a pretty decent all around team.  But yes, we do still need to sure up the QB position some how.  We'd be truly dangerous with even a middle of the pack QB.  Someone like Carr or Jimmy G.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

IMO, we have about a 1 in 3 chance of doing it.  Which is a far better chance than I thought we would have back in late Sep.  Or August for that matter.  

But having a chance this year is far better than wondering when Rhule will be fired, or what draft pick we will have next year.  So I am in.  

I think before this past week we had a 9% chance to make the playoffs.  Now its something like 35%.  If we win, and the Bucs lose next week, itll jump up to over 50%. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm just gonna be brutally honest here.

No. I'm not.

We're a bad team in a truly awful division. Winning this truly awful division doesn't change the reality that we're a bad team. Put any NFC South team in any other division and none of us are in playoff talks. None of us deserve to be. Whoever wins this awful division is just costing themselves significant draft assets and I could honestly see winning the division deluding Tepper into thinking he's got this all figured out now.

It would be a significant net negative for the future of the organization. Sorry to rain on the parade.

spacer.png

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

Just now, joemac said:

But thats the thing, we're not really a "bad" team anymore.  We're 3-1 over the past 4 games, and seem to be rolling right now.  We started off the year historically bad, but I'd say we're actually a pretty decent all around team.  But yes, we do still need to sure up the QB position some how.  We'd be truly dangerous with even a middle of the pack QB.  Someone like Carr or Jimmy G.

I honestly think it's fool's gold. We've beaten the Falcons (terrible). The Broncos (terrible). The Ravens (reeling, 1-3 over their last 4). The Seahawks (reeling, 2-3 over their past five with all three losses being to teams with losing records).

Even with our offensive game plan entirely built around decreasing Sam Darnold's ability to lose games for us, that multiple turnover game is coming. We all know it.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 5

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly think it's fool's gold. We've beaten the Falcons (terrible). The Broncos (terrible). The Ravens (reeling, 1-3 over their last 4). The Seahawks (reeling, 2-3 over their past five with all three losses being to teams with losing records).

Even with our offensive game plan entirely built around decreasing Sam Darnold's ability to lose games for us, that multiple turnover game is coming. We all know it.

just go find another team to root for already crybaby.

• Pie 1

50 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yes, I want to win games. I want what Tepper promised us. Long-term success. Consistent success. Contenders year in and year out.

Going to the playoffs as a losing team simply because you're in one of the worst divisions in NFL history isn't "winning".

Winning begets winning. I’m all for losing when the team looks like ass but if they win the next few games and make the playoffs you won’t see me with my panties in a wad. Although, I’ll admit I’m still expecting the same old Panthers to show up and disappoint us all. 

• Pie 1