• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For those who wanted to take a late round shot at Grayson McCall - He is returning to college football another year but transferring.

Varking

13 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

It has nothing to do with flash. I just don't see anything in McCall that makes me think he can play in the pros. He just appears to me as a decent college player.

No, the stats aren't Hooker's. They're Holton Ahlers', ECU's QB. And he is not an NFL caliber QB in any way despite the size.

Again, a one-year wonder. You have to look at the body of work. Historically, he had a low QBR, high picks, low-ish TDs, and low completion percentage.

The very reason I was against Pickett last year.  Dude put up monster numbers, but it was out of nowhere.  The only dude I can remember being a flash-in-the-pan QB in college that turned out to be a successful pro recently was Joe Burrow.

8 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Doesn't have to be elite, he just has to be really good. He can be.  I mean, I can run down a laundry list of highly successful QBs that didn't have elite skill sets, especially coming out of college. I could equally do a laundry list of guys that had traits that fans drooled over that were busts.

I don't see much in the way of above average NFL skills, either.

I get that he will always have his fanboys but this is the classic case of college guys just seeing what they want to see.

52 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

9000+ Total yds 94 total tds 8 ints in 3 years as starter. This is huge and if he finds a good fit he could be in for a HUGE year. Good luck

He’s visiting Auburn this weekend and I hope the newly hired HC can make the sale.

Auburn’s QB room after the previous 2 HC’s is beyond pathetic.  McCall would slot in as an immediate starter easily.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, tiger7_88 said:

He’s visiting Auburn this weekend and I hope the newly hired HC can make the sale.

Auburn’s QB room after the previous 2 HC’s is beyond pathetic.  McCall would slot in as an immediate starter easily.

Thanks for the heads up. It will be interesting to follow McCall's career next year to see how it plays out.

2 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

He would be a good fit in Frieze’s offense. Leary is visiting as well but I don’t think he’s a good fit there.

• Pie 1

On 12/17/2022 at 11:49 AM, MillionDollarCam said:

McCall is no longer visiting Auburn, he’s cancelled the visit after it was leaked that Leary is visiting Auburn.

So even odder part to this story. We wanted him at Florida but he didn’t have the grades to transfer to Florida or Auburn. Hence why he didn’t visit. 

14 minutes ago, Varking said:

So even odder part to this story. We wanted him at Florida but he didn’t have the grades to transfer to Florida or Auburn. Hence why he didn’t visit. 

I wouldn’t be totally shocked to see him pivot and go back to the draft. I felt like the only reason he was returning to school was to make some NIL money at a P5. Right now his only options seems to be returning to Coastal or joining Chadwell at Liberty.

I haven't heard any of that, word on the street down here, a few miles away from Coastal, is that he just postponed the trip to Auburn due to personal reasons and will be visiting in the next week or two.  As for Florida, he never wanted to go there, in fact I've heard nothing about Florida mentioned for him.  If I had to guess, and I'm just guessing here, he is probably talking with Tim Beck seeing where that goes before going to Auburn.  He tweeted out, before the original scheduled visit to Auburn in a round about way not to discredit him coming back to Coastal

Grayson McCall Teases Coastal Carolina Return In Cryptic Deleted Tweet (outkick.com)

Again, all of that just a guess and what I'm hearing from close circles in the area

51 minutes ago, HPPantherzfan said:

I haven't heard any of that, word on the street down here, a few miles away from Coastal, is that he just postponed the trip to Auburn due to personal reasons and will be visiting in the next week or two.  As for Florida, he never wanted to go there, in fact I've heard nothing about Florida mentioned for him.  If I had to guess, and I'm just guessing here, he is probably talking with Tim Beck seeing where that goes before going to Auburn.  He tweeted out, before the original scheduled visit to Auburn in a round about way not to discredit him coming back to Coastal

Grayson McCall Teases Coastal Carolina Return In Cryptic Deleted Tweet (outkick.com)

Again, all of that just a guess and what I'm hearing from close circles in the area

His credits won’t transfer to the SEC. It’s why he cancelled his Auburn visit and Florida never offered. It’s been reported on Twitter by a bunch of folks now. We wanted him. We were the favorites just days ago. However, if the credits won’t transfer over he isn’t coming. 

Edited by Varking

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

His credits won’t transfer to the SEC. It’s why he cancelled his Auburn visit and Florida never offered. It’s been reported on Twitter by a bunch of folks now. 

Interesting, first I've heard of that.  You would think that would be all over the internet and news but a quick google search gives me nothing.  I don't have Twitter, or FB for that matter, because most of that stuff is trash but I guess it is possible just not what the word is around here.