• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For those who wanted to take a late round shot at Grayson McCall - He is returning to college football another year but transferring.

Varking

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I think that is just a part of it. They finally have much more freedom to transfer around.

It's better for the players and the NFL teams for sure. It sucks for the colleges but really, fug all them. They had roughly 100 years of taking advantage of a fixed system. I will shed not a single tear for college football teams nor their fans.

They'll figure it out long-term. Right now it's the wild wild west out there. The kids being able to make money is a good thing. I think they'll probably bring back the sitting out a year thing for transfers and that's probably a good thing for the game. I think kids should be able to get waivers for extenuating circumstances like the coach leaving but it shouldn't be full on free agency every offseason. You can't even begin to keep up the illusion of them being "student athletes" when it's literal free agency out there and it has nothing to do with education.

Unfortunately, the NCAA is a dog poo organization and should honestly probably just be burned to the ground and built back from scratch.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, Varking said:

You had Penix go back to school and now McCall is as well. 

Chadwell went to Liberty. I'm semi-hopeful he ends up at App State but I'd be shocked if he doesn't go to Liberty or a contending P5. Liberty because Chadwell is there and they actually beat Arkansas and came within a 2 point conversion of beating Wake Forest. Good program, even if I have a disdain for the Liberty business model.

2 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Chadwell went to Liberty. I'm semi-hopeful he ends up at App State but I'd be shocked if he doesn't go to Liberty or a contending P5. Liberty because Chadwell is there and they actually beat Arkansas and came within a 2 point conversion of beating Wake Forest. Good program, even if I have a disdain for the Liberty business model.

He might get P5 calls. I would probably go P5 if I was him but on a guaranteed starting deal with a good offense for him.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

He might get P5 calls. I would probably go P5 if I was him but on a guaranteed starting deal with a good offense for him.

He could go to App State and be on a fairly explosive offense with a coordinator proven to run some Pro Style passing concepts. He actually wanted to go to App State but Eli Drinkwitz decided not to offer (2018-19).

Who knows? There are going to be a lot of openings and some will be with places who have explosive, pro style offenses. By all accounts McCall is a hard worker so I'm sure he will be fine wherever he goes. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

If he wants and NFL future and believes in his abilities, this is what he should do. No clue what Wake Forest's QB depth chart looks like but I'm pretty sure Sam Hartman has ran out of eligibility and that system seems like it'd be a good fit.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If he wants and NFL future and believes in his abilities, this is what he should do. No clue what Wake Forest's QB depth chart looks like but I'm pretty sure Sam Hartman has ran out of eligibility and that system seems like it'd be a good fit.

I would probably just stay at the G5 level if WF is my option. I don't think that does much to move the needle.

16 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I would probably just stay at the G5 level if WF is my option. I don't think that does much to move the needle.

WF flirted with the top 10 at one point this season and they're an offense driven team. I don't envision the Alabamas and Clemsons and Ohio States calling. It would give him an opportunity to put film on tape against much better competition.

12 minutes ago, Icege said:

Current rumours are that McCall is eyeing Auburn

That would show some gall to go there and face SEC defenses.  He'll be able to show what he's got really shortly into 2024.  If I were a kid like him, I'd be seeing what looks good out West.  Just seems like the spot where dudes can bloom.   

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Bear Hands said:

That would show some gall to go there and face SEC defenses.  He'll be able to show what he's got really shortly into 2024.  If I were a kid like him, I'd be seeing what looks good out West.  Just seems like the spot where dudes can bloom.   

Solid gamble too tho imo

He likely knows he isn't getting any better than a 4th (likely 5th) rd grade. If he goes to Auburn and lights it up he is going to rocket up draft boards

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Why would he go to Wake Forest over App? Outside of Clemson, if you believe in computer models, the Sun Belt East was on par with the ACC and was the top G5 division in the country and the entirety of the conference was ahead of the AAC.

If you can play, you can play. Josh Allen went to Wyoming, Carson Wentz went to NDSU, a chargers back-up went to NDSU, Trey Lance went to NDSU, Mahomes was at Texas Tech (who isn't any better than Coastal was before Chadwell started flirting with Liberty).

If you can play, you'll get your shot. Doesn't matter if you're Division 2, FCS, G5 or P5. At this point, he needs to go somewhere he can ensure success, otherwise he's costing himself money.