• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bench Burns.

Panthers Fan 69

The Burns hate is both bizarre and yet somehow even moreso idiotic...

I've been around since the carolinagrowl days, and this is honestly one of the worst threads I've seen in 18 years.

Good lord man, even now and then just realize every stupid thought that goes into your skull doesn't warrant a nonsensical thread...

There are a collection of "fans" who frequent here who don't seem to be able to cope unless everything is awful and they are capable of pulling everyone else into their misery.

What a way to live... this is the greatest day for Panthers Nation since 2017 and people are still posting straight up BS like this...

• Beer 4

If you wanted to punish his lack of effort last game, he should have been benched last game. It doesn't do any good to bench him the week after.

That being said, I would definitely scream in his ear for the amount of times he just gave up after his 1st pass rush move got stoped. It's no coincidence that when he went to the bench that last drive we got a sack first play - Haynes kept trying even though his first move didn't work 

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

If you wanted to punish his lack of effort last game, he should have been benched last game. It doesn't do any good to bench him the week after.

That being said, I would definitely scream in his ear for the amount of times he just gave up after his 1st pass rush move got stoped. It's no coincidence that when he went to the bench that last drive we got a sack first play - Haynes kept trying even though his first move didn't work 

This is exactly what I was trying to get it. Thank you for understanding!

21 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Wilks wants to set an example….Bench his ass. He made a money decision at the end of that game.   

You know he is playing hurt right ?
he supposedly is playing with a knee injury 

if Wilks had a problem with him, burns knows it 

he talked about burns not being at full speed in his press conference 

can’t we just be happy in this forum for a damned second 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 1

Burns jumped offsides several times desperately trying to get a garbage time sack. Burns was completely shut down the whole game unless I missed something early in the first. I wish we had traded him, but that's water under the bridge.

Should we bench Burns for jumping the count to boost his stats for contract negotiations with another garbage time sack? Obviously not, but he should get a lecture for going before the snap to try and sneak past the ref when we didn't need it. He needed it, but the team didn't. He was seeing dollar signs no doubt.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

Burns jumped offsides several times desperately trying to get a garbage time sack. Burns was completely shut down the whole game unless I missed something early in the first. I wish we had traded him, but that's water under the bridge.

Should we bench Burns for jumping the count to boost his stats for contract negotiations with another garbage time sack? Obviously not, but he should get a lecture for going before the snap to try and sneak past the ref when we didn't need it. He needed it, but the team didn't. He was seeing dollar signs no doubt.

I was talking about the play where he lolly gagged back to the line and was caught offsides them proceeded to do nothing but stand there