• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tankers

Sir Purr

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

You said he had 2000 yards. How can you mix the two up. When has Akers ever come close to that? It’s one thing to mix up players names, it’s another to think the Rams had an amazing RB last year with 2000 yards.

I also didn’t even mention the fact that McSomething for the Chiefs (McKinnon by the way) wasn’t even on the SB Chiefs team. He also only had 62 yards rushing the next year when they lost to Tampa.

It’s hard to argue when you aren’t even close to reality with your supporting facts.

The Huddle is so lucky to have you. What with the draft insights, the shoulds, woulda, couldas', and the fact checking we would surely be lost without you. Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.

• Poo 1

Just now, stbugs said:

He also had #1 pick Wentz playing at an MVP level for 13 games (11-2, Foles was 2-1) to get him the 1 seed and a bye.

Foles doesn’t win the SB if he starts the whole year. Wentz was discussed as the MVP before he got hurt. If Cam got hurt at 14-0 and Anderson kept going, do we think an Anderson led 2015 team is 15-1 and the 1 seed? Foles was brilliant in the playoffs but starting with HFA and a bye helped.

another good point

12 minutes ago, stbugs said:

You said he had 2000 yards. How can you mix the two up. When has Akers ever come close to that? It’s one thing to mix up players names, it’s another to think the Rams had an amazing RB last year with 2000 yards.

I also didn’t even mention the fact that McSomething for the Chiefs (McKinnon by the way) wasn’t even on the SB Chiefs team. He also only had 62 yards rushing the next year when they lost to Tampa.

It’s hard to argue when you aren’t even close to reality with your supporting facts.

I guess he's talking about LeSean McCoy on the Chiefs during their Super Bowl season, but he was pretty much a non-factor.  Especially in the playoffs - he had exactly one snap throughout the entire postseason.

4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

When you qualify it with winning, it does bring down the list but Goff lost to Brady, Ryan lost to Brady, Cam lost to Peyton. Completely off the top of my head, that’s two #1s and a #3 that were damn close in the last 7 years and because they lost, it doesn’t invalidate that high picks or even any 1st round QB are worth it.

Good memory, but Goff is a cast off with the Lions now, Ryan did it once and so did Cam--neither will get a second shot, ever.  Point being it's a crap shoot and insinuating the #1 overall is any closer to a sure thing than drafting a QB other than #1 overall is far from the truth.  If this were the 2017 draft, we could have our choice of Mahommes or Watson at our current draft slot.

Again, tanking is not necessary.

Just now, stbugs said:

Goff isn’t that bad. He’s been lauded in here. Ryan and Cam made a few playoffs and TBH, winning in the playoffs takes some luck and more often better coaching. David Tyree head catches happen when it’s a single game. Upsets happen a lot, better teams make mistakes or have bad plans.

Again, I’m not even advocating tanking anymore because we are 1 game out and our schedule is too easy to tank anyway. If Andy Reid has the Bears pick, Trubisky doesn’t go that early. There are a lot of draft mistakes but the better pick we have, the better chance we get the guy we want.

Steve Wilks says he wanted Josh Allen and he got Josh Rosen. We wanted Herbert and we got Brown. There are just as many of those as there are Mahomes went 10th because the Bears were dumb. Hell, the Jets with McCown at QB traded back with the Bears and still took Jamal Adams instead of a QB. Stupid decisions all over the place but also, lots of wish we had an earlier pick as well.

It happens every year and QBs slide due to "dumb decisions", lack of QB need or poor/incomplete evaluations.  This year and future years will be no different.

• Beer 1

51 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I get that, just pointing out to him that even with jake playing out of his mind it still wasnt good enough.   You need an elite elite talent at qb to win it all.  Thats really not even debatable in 2022.  And what I mean by that is at some point in the playoffs (probably multiple times) the qb has to put the team on their proverbial back and win some games on them alone

Jake wasn’t the one who 

a. Kicked the ball out of bounds 

b. Let the Patriots waltz  down the field 

c. Left  too much time on the clock to do it

D. Finally jake did play out of his mind as you note .  His stats were better than Brady 

however, kasay made an error and Fox and coaches made several

you can look at any individual player you want including Brady.  There better be a team around them including smart coaching

while a star qb can overcome much, some things can’t be overcome. You know this. Look to Mahomes with both his tackles out in the conf game last year 

was Kurt Warner a franchise qb ?  No. He wasn’t drafted but what he was, paired with the right coach at the right time with the right system and complimentary players and that equaled a  SB 

was Drew Brees a franchise qb until paired with Payton ? 

that formula hasnt changed 

we can talk about the term ‘elite’ all day but sometimes finding one is flat out luck    Andy Reid reminds people about that all the time   You take a chance  sometimes it works   Many times it doesnt

You will also see teams, not lucky,  learn to do as Wilks has done, those passers can’t pass sitting on the bench as the opposing team runs the ball down their throats   

it matters not to me how a team wins. It matters to me that they do

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 2

10 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Lord willing we finally make a good call. It just sucks sometimes to think SOS is why Miami got Tua and the Chargers got Herbert instead of us. Also, if we had known Cam’s shoulder would die in a year, maybe we take a Mahomes over CMC. We knew too late and when we actually decided to let Cam go, we were 1 pick away. We need some draft luck at some point.

Or a crystal ball that actually works! 😄

• Pie 1