• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How good is Brian Burns 2022 campaign?

micnificent28

2 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I get taking the position that those picks are going to be basically two seconds and a third when you are negotiating the trade, but in reality most people knew the Rams' goose was cooked after this year.  When this year started to go south, the goose was done early and those picks became what they were: a lot more top 10 potential in each round rather than bottom 10.

I never figured out if the people on this board who thought those were going to be pick 24 or below were confusing the teams or hitting the bottle.  The Rams went all in to win a Superb Owl in the short term and the entire world knew it was going to cost them when that window closed.

That has not changed and is playing out as we speak.

We will see - they (the Rams) are an unorthodox organization for sure.  They haven't had a losing season since 2017 (obviously before this one), and they went 4-12 and bounced back to win 11 games the next.  I could see similar, despite their lack of draft capital, because they are extremely well coached. We'll see

I do believe if somehow it had been 2 firsts this year instead of down the line, they make that trade.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I am not even sure where the 3rd value came from.  

The argument is each year in the future the value of a draft pick declines by round (when talking about negotiations around trades). That is, a first in one year is a second, a first in two years is a third.

9 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

We will see - they (the Rams) are an unorthodox organization for sure.  They haven't had a losing season since 2017 (obviously before this one), and they went 4-12 and bounced back to win 11 games the next.  I could see similar, despite their lack of draft capital, because they are extremely well coached. We'll see

I do believe if somehow it had been 2 firsts this year instead of down the line, they make that trade.

They potentially stand to lose their best player and coach and their qb is held together by duct tape.   Yeah I get if we had our franchise qb you think about the trade and maybe still not do it but as it stands with us you have to do anything you can to put yourself in a situation to acquire one.   

7 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

The argument is each year in the future the value of a draft pick declines by round (when talking about negotiations around trades). That is, a first in one year is a second, a first in two years is a third.

I truly have a hard time convincing myself that all these ppl that are already up in arms over losing. Will have the patience to wait another 2-3 years for those picks to turn into anything, if they ever do that is.

Trading away one of your best players for a chance at getting better down the line. Meahwhile, you just made your team worse. Something wrong with that logic to me.

• Pie 2

50 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

It's exactly what I've said for years.

Mike Rucker/  Charles Johnson type player. 

Not a game changer.

Not a drive stopper.

It's like I'm doing the segment. 

Yeah I’ll listen to Al Wallace over the Disney kids banging the burns is elite drum 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

That’s pretty idiotic and short sighted 

Not disagreeing, but it is all based on that draft value charge that circulates. Not all orgs do things identically but supposedly most halve the value of a pick's draft value every year (which effectively moves it down one round for anything but very high 1st rounders), and for unknown future first rounders, they typically assume it will be some place in the middle of the round (makes sense tbh). 

Edited by mav1234
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

They potentially stand to lose their best player and coach and their qb is held together by duct tape.   Yeah I get if we had our franchise qb you think about the trade and maybe still not do it but as it stands with us you have to do anything you can to put yourself in a situation to acquire one.   

McVay is potentially retiring?  I didn't hear that. Definitely a stupid trade not to make in that case.

Edited by mav1234

4 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Trading away one of your best players for a chance at getting better down the line. Meahwhile, you just made your team worse. Something wrong with that logic to me.

It would be easier to teach a fish to walk than understand huddle logic.

Edited by Sir Purr
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

Not disagreeing, but it is all based on that draft value charge that circulates. Not all orgs do things identically but supposedly most halve the value of a pick's draft value every year (which effectively moves it down one round for anything but very high 1st rounders), and for unknown future first rounders, they typically assume it will be some place in the middle of the round (makes sense tbh). 

I get it but for a rebuilding team that squandered a ton of draft capital you play the long game especially if that trade team is the rams for the above reasons.   

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

McVay is potentially retiring?  I didn't hear that. Definitely a stupid trade not to make in that case.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10054448-report-rams-hc-sean-mcvay-to-retire-in-all-likelihood-when-core-players-leave

he almost left for Amazon last year.   He is not long for the rams.  It’s not a huge secret.    

• Flames 1