• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft prospects other than QB

DaveThePanther2008

55 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Not defensive, you're a Troll with zero positive input and I take your inputs with very little seriousness. 

You offer nothing but negativity and just enjoy trolling our forum. 

Oh David I share the same views as a lot of other posters. But yes I do like stirring you up seeing you attack anyone with opposing views. I bet your a real hoot during elections 

55 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

Oh David I share the same views as a lot of other posters. But yes I do like stirring you up seeing you attack anyone with opposing views. I bet your a real hoot during elections 

Attack?  That must have a different meaning down under.  I am the one that offers reasoning while you and your buddies offer zero input. 

Unless the Panthers go on a suicide quest to the playoffs and proceed to get blown out by the Cowboys and fall down to 19, they are picking top 10 and they will pick a QB. Anthony Richardson will be top 10, he'll blow people away at combine and pro days. Plus if the bears pick 2 they will try to trade out.

Panthers WILL draft a QB with their first pick next season.

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

We have focused so much on QB that no one is talking about other possible positions that we could use with our first pick.  Even sitting at our current spot at 5 the odds of us getting Stroud or Young are quite slim.

Those of you that really follow many teams and games over the season might have some input.

I like WR M. Harrison Jr.  Downs from UNC.  (Probably too high for round 1)

TE Bowers from Ga (not sure if he's eligible) 

TE Washington from Ga.

Who's on your radar outside of QB?  Who's the best MLB and Edge?

Worst poster here.    

20 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Unless the Panthers go on a suicide quest to the playoffs and proceed to get blown out by the Cowboys and fall down to 19, they are picking top 10 and they will pick a QB. Anthony Richardson will be top 10, he'll blow people away at combine and pro days. Plus if the bears pick 2 they will try to trade out.

They have to even if it’s a project or reach it’s imperative they get a first round qb for a plethora of reasons.  

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

What about that TCU receiver, is he eligible? I haven’t been following anything except QB closely but that guy was the most impressive WR I’ve seen so far this year. I e seen tons of Harrison video since I’ve watched every offensive play by OSU that there’s video of, but just a couple games worth of stuff on the TCU guy.  If we can’t get Stroud or Young in the first, a top WR or pass rusher would be my vote. 

Yea he is eligible and expected to be the first WR off the board. 

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

I definitely don't believe the draft process will be as kind to Richardson as some think but you are 100% correct that we will go QB. I am just not seeing a scenario where we opt to not take a QB in the first.

Not a logical option anyway.

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I definitely don't believe the draft process will be as kind to Richardson as some think but you are 100% correct that we will go QB. I am just not seeing a scenario where we opt to not take a QB in the first.

Not a logical option anyway.

Probably not logical but I think if he interviews well he is going to skyrocket.  His measurables are going to be jaw dropping.    Somebody, probably us is going to fall in love with him.   

fug it what I want for Xmas is ar and harbaugh.  

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Probably not logical but I think if he interviews well he is going to skyrocket.  His measurables are going to be jaw dropping.    Somebody, probably us is going to fall in love with him.   

fug it what I want for Xmas is ar and harbaugh.  

I genuinely don't understand the Richardson fanboys. 

How are you not seeing that he isn't good at all the things that a QB needs to do? I mean, Justin Jefferson would probably be an amazing QB too if he could play the position. 

• Pie 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I genuinely don't understand the Richardson fanboys. 

How are you not seeing that he isn't good at all the things that a QB needs to do? I mean, Justin Jefferson would probably be an amazing QB too if he could play the position. 

Not a fan boy at all.  I just see the writing on the wall.   I think he has immense skill but just not good at the position of qb yet.  Some of his throws suggest he can but he is a long ways away.   But if he hits holy fug you are in business.  If he fails it’s a total reset.   

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Not a fan boy at all.  I just see the writing on the wall.   I think he has immense skill but just not good at the position of qb yet.  Some of his throws suggest he can but he is a long ways away.   But if he hits holy fug you are in business.  If he fails it’s a total reset.   

“I think he has immense skill but just not good at the position of QB.”

What????? So because he’s big, strong, fast, etc we(or any team) should draft him in the top 10? Sh*t, I’m desperate for a QB as much as the next guy, but that just sounds dumb. I look at Fields and he’s not polished as a thrower, but he came out of college 20x the thrower that Richardson is. You’re talking about drafting a guy in the top 10 where our coaches have to actually teach him how to throw a football? Pass

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Yeah but it's very rare any of those guys ever pan out. That's why so many teams don't draft that kind of prospect in the first round anymore.

I am not against taking him but definitely not in the first round.