• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: Teams are doing homework on Jim Harbaugh

WarPanthers89

9 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

And we're back where we started.  The guy has a near 70% win rate.  For the record, I don't think he's going to leave Michigan because its honestly the perfect job for him.  I'm just flabbergasted you can argue against a proven success after you spent the last hiring cycle pounding your chest over Hackett.  Now if you wanna talk about things that don't work in the NFL..

Joe Gibbs was a proven success too. How'd he do in his return? Same question for Jimmy Johnson in Miami, Bill Parcells anywhere after his first Super Bowl and others.

The notion that just because somebody had success in one place they're automatically going to succeed elsewhere has been disproven time and time again. Start with that, and then factor in other things.

You've gotta look deeper than a guy just being a big name.

As to Hackett, Yeah he did nothing like I (or anyone else really) expected him to do. Then he and Paton had themselves to another "proven success" in Russell Wilson. How'd that turn out?

Edited by Mr. Scot

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Belichick minus Brady isn't exactly doing great.

I have no dislike for Harbaugh, but a lot of people who've worked with him have.

The problem with him though is that kind of never happy, always angry, constantly screaming persona used to be the norm in the NFL, but just doesn't work anymore. You can still get away with it at the college level, but in the pros what happened with Harbaugh in San Francisco is likely going to happen anywhere else he goes as well.

For the record, the coach we just fired at that same kind of personality.

Time for a brain scan. They're opposites.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Joe Gibbs was a proven success too. How'd he do in his return? Same question for Jimmy Johnson in Miami, Bill Parcells anywhere after his first Super Bowl and others.

The notion that just because somebody had success in one place they're automatically going to succeed elsewhere has been disproven time and time again. Start with that, and then factor in other things.

You've gotta look deeper than a guy just being a big name.

As to Hackett, Yeah he did nothing like I (or anyone else really) expected him to do. Then he and Paton had themselves to another "proven success" in Russell Wilson. How'd that turn out?

Not one place. He's successful every place. That's why he's in discussion here.

• Pie 1

Just now, rippadonn said:

Time for a brain scan. They're opposites.

Actually not, personality wise.

Remember we had the story about how Rhule's DL guy thought he was going to be fired during his first game as a coach.  That's the kind of guy he was.

I know some people think that just because a guy is a hard ass, he's going to be a winner. That's no more true than the idea of it just because he was successful somewhere else he'll automatically be successful here.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Actually not, personality wise.

Remember we had the story about how Rhule's DL guy thought he was going to be fired during his first game as a coach.  That's the kind of guy he was.

I know some people think that just because a guy is a hard ass, he's going to be a winner. That's no more true than the idea of it just because he was successful somewhere else he'll automatically be successful here.

A hard ass couldn't relate to today's teenager, the teens are too fragile, but YOU made the point that he's working the the new NFL generation as we speak.

Your saying he isn't capable of something he's doing right now.

Doesn't make sense.

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

A hard ass couldn't relate to today's teenager, the teens are too fragile, but YOU made the point that he's working the the new NFL generation as we speak.

Your saying he isn't capable of something he's doing right now.

Doesn't make sense.

Uuiihhh, no. Not even close.

College kids vs grown men...

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

If all you care about is short-term success, sure.

Guys who hate you won't necessarily keep playing hard for you over an extended time.

I mean I’d love a HC that everyone loves and wins every year. 

The players seems to really like Wilks. But it’s a combo. If Wilks can be loved and be a winning coach then great.

The point is to win though right? Would you rather have a likable coach who inconsistently wins (we are used to that) or a coach who might be unlikable but does win? 

I’m down for a lovable coach that produces. If you know one then I’ll have that. 

I’d love Harbaugh though. 

Just now, Wundrbread33 said:

I mean I’d love a HC that everyone loves and wins every year. 

The players seems to really like Wilks. But it’s a combo. If Wilks can be loved and be a winning coach then great.

The point is to win though right? Would you rather have a likable coach who inconsistently wins (we are used to that) or a coach who might be unlikable but does win? 

I’m down for a lovable coach that produces. If you know one then I’ll have that. 

I’d love Harbaugh though. 

One of the biggest things we always worry about with a head coach is losing the locker room. 

Surprisingly, even Rhule didn't lose the Panthers locker room.

Harbaugh lost the 49ers.

You don't have to be likable, but you do have to be able to lead guys and retain their loyalty. It's pretty clear Wilks can do that.

Where my questions lie is whether he can do the kind of strategy and game planning needed in this era of crazy offense, or whether he can hire the right staff.

Both of those things are absolutely essential.

25 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

One of the biggest things we always worry about with a head coach is losing the locker room. 

Surprisingly, even Rhule didn't lose the Panthers locker room.

Harbaugh lost the 49ers.

You don't have to be likable, but you do have to be able to lead guys and retain their loyalty. It's pretty clear Wilks can do that.

Where my questions lie is whether he can do the kind of strategy and game planning needed in this era of crazy offense, or whether he can hire the right staff.

Both of those things are absolutely essential.

Lol.  Lost the locker room at 8-8.   We would kill for a coach that gets 8 wins at this point

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Lol.  Lost the locker room at 8-8.   We would kill for a coach that gets 8 wins at this point

8-8 with the team all knowing it was his last season. There were talks all through that season of tension with GM and ownership and how he would be gone next year. With that he still finished 8-8… They went 5-11 the following year without him.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Uuiihhh, no. Not even close.

College kids vs grown men...

He's been successful on both stages. College AND the NFL.

He left the NFL after 4yrs with the 5th highest win percentage in history up there with John Madden and this is the guy you question.

You don't question Shane or Bienemy. Backwards. We KNOW what Jim Harbaugh will do for your team.

You wanted to bet on the hottest "new" much like Rhule was. All hype. No HC resume.

Ok. Have at that.

Edited by rippadonn