• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ellis Williams. Char observer on top 4 QBs Note, This is not in depth

Varking

34 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Richardson has a ton of physical talent but he’s a long way from being a franchise QB in the NFL.  It’s not impossible that he makes that leap, but I wouldn’t bet on it happening with this Panthers organization unfortunately.

He is going to our pick.  I just feel it.  But then again I was 100% certain we were drafting Mac Jones.   I don’t know poo

49 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Richardson has a ton of physical talent but he’s a long way from being a franchise QB in the NFL.  It’s not impossible that he makes that leap, but I wouldn’t bet on it happening with this Panthers organization unfortunately.

Choose the right HC, OC and you increase the odds that any of these first round QB’s will be starter material in 2-3 years.  Would love to see Richardson and Corral compete under competent HC and OC.

45 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He is going to our pick.  I just feel it.  But then again I was 100% certain we were drafting Mac Jones.   I don’t know poo

I know folks aren’t super high on him here but if we drafted him over Horn we would likely have a better outlook right now and fans would be happier. 

1 hour ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

He is a guy that makes sense if you have a abive average to elite QB on your roster and can take a flier on him in the 2nd to 4th rounds. A developmental guy.

He is likely to be an unmitigated disaster as a first round pick on a team like ours. The fans will be clamoring for him as soon as he is drafted and if he develops at all, it's going to take some time. 

It would not work out here.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

He is a guy that makes sense if you have a abive average to elite QB on your roster and can take a flier on him in the 2nd to 4th rounds. A developmental guy.

He is likely to be an unmitigated disaster as a first round pick on a team like ours. The fans will be clamoring for him as soon as he is drafted and if he develops at all, it's going to take some time. 

We are picking too high for him. We are going Stroud or Young. 

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I would like to think that a competent coaching staff would say, ‘no’, to starting him before he is ready.  Fans don’t get to make that call.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

It's not just fans that push moves like that.

Also, who the fug would start over him? Corral?

Any bridge FA veteran that can walk and chew gum at the same time. Corral may or may not make the roster next year; I’m indifferent either way.  Camp competition will sort that out.  

Where we appear to differ, I don’t think a really good HC and OC will risk ruining the rookie QB by throwing him to the wolves his first season.  Too much draft capital at risk to do that.  JMO, YMMV

Edited by bythenbrs