• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ellis Williams. Char observer on top 4 QBs Note, This is not in depth

Varking

1 minute ago, Kentucky Panther said:

You keep bringing up Levis. I will keep watching Richardson struggle to do what is needed of QBs. Complete a pass. He’s got 5 with 6 minutes to go. I pray we do not end up with this kid. 

Because you once tried to tell me recently Levis was better than Richardson and all of their common opponents showed otherwise. Levis has had plenty of games completing basically no passes. However, Richardson still finds a way to get into the endzone. The most important thing is scoring. Levis doesn’t lead teams to do that. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Richardson for me is right there in the Cam/Fields area which I like overall. Sometimes lazy accuracy throws, but then throws that not many guys can make, if everyone else is having a bad day they'll get the first downs with their legs. I'm surprised how conservative the Florida play calling has been the last two weeks, maybe because they're out of the playoffs they want to keep AR healthy and lower his draft stock so he'll return to school next year? If it was a legit game he woulda ran hard at least 10 more times

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Richardson for me is right there in the Cam/Fields area which I like overall. Sometimes lazy accuracy throws, but then throws that not many guys can make, if everyone else is having a bad day they'll get the first downs with their legs. I'm surprised how conservative the Florida play calling has been the last two weeks, maybe because they're out of the playoffs they want to keep AR healthy and lower his draft stock so he'll return to school next year? If it was a legit game he woulda ran hard at least 10 more times

I have a feeling Richardson is playing banged up. That hip injury occurred on a pretty normal play. There might have been some preexisting injuries there. They let him loose against Utah and have seemed to definitely play more conservative lately. What do you think @Varking?

• Beer 1

39 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I have a feeling Richardson is playing banged up. That hip injury occurred on a pretty normal play. There might have been some preexisting injuries there. They let him loose against Utah and have seemed to definitely play more conservative lately. What do you think @Varking?

I think the plan was to run him a bit more today but after the hip injury they went with a very conservative game plan. There is no point having a guy this athletic on the Field and not using his legs more in a meaningful way unless he is hurt. I know earlier in the season when he was dinged up they intentionally stopped running him because we have no depth behind him. Our #2 is supposed to be Jack Miller but he is hurt and I don’t think Napier can trust Kitna in big moments yet. We would like to break him in easier. And we have more competition at the position coming soon in Rashada and HOPEFULLY Lagway here soon. 

4 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Except neither Cam nor Fields struggled with accuracy like Richardson has. 

Cam was a 65.4% career passer in college. Justin Fields was a 68.4% career passer.

Anthony Richardson is now at 54.7% as a career passer. 

The kid does not see the field well at all. And he also cannot hit his target often.

Those are two of the biggest red flags possible for an NFL prospect at QB.

• Pie 5

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Except neither Cam nor Fields struggled with accuracy like Richardson has. 

Cam was a 65.4% career passer in college. Justin Fields was a 68.4% career passer.

Anthony Richardson is now at 54.7% as a career passer. 

The kid does not see the field well at all. And he also cannot hit his target often.

Those are two of the biggest red flags possible for an NFL prospect at QB.

Cam and especially Fields had much better WRs than Richardson. They both were still more accurate, but a portion of Richardson’s completion % is due to having 5 WRs out on an already weak unit. 

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

So they have a 10-15% drop rate? I am gonna guess that is not the case.

Nah I said they both were still more accurate. That definitely goes into the equation. Wrong routes, no separation, not fighting for balls etc… Again Cam and Fields were still much more polished passers, but I think a portion of Richardson’s inaccuracy problems are due to the talent around him. He will also overthrow some easy passes too, which may balance it out.

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Nah I said they both were still more accurate. That definitely goes into the equation. Wrong routes, no separation, not fighting for balls etc… Again Cam and Fields were still much more polished passers, but I think a portion of Richardson’s inaccuracy problems are due to the talent around him. He will also overthrow some easy passes too, which may balance it out.

I mean, from watching Richardson play, the problems appear to mostly be him. Not all him for sure.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean, from watching Richardson play, the problems appear to mostly be him. Not all him for sure.

I watched that WR who I guess was a special team freshman, but had to play due to injuries drop several that landed in his hands. There were also some routes that were pretty off. Pearsall was the only one who looked like he belonged in the field. The WRs were inexperienced and Richardson isn’t there as a passer yet, so it was a bad combo IMO.