• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quote ‘DJ needs to catch the balls when thrown to him’

raleigh-panther

Facts. But anyone can see that as well. A big part of the game is getting in a rhythm. If you're a receiver, you need to make those catches to spark that rhythm. It's a team effort, not all on one player. Look at Hill for example. He is one of the smallest WRs out there, but his hands catch EVERYTHING! Short pass, bad pass, tipped pass, the dude's effort just demands he get the ball no matter what. We need DJ to be that as well. Now I am not saying him catching dropped passes will win us games, but it can give us the spark to get that rhythm going for other players. 

Hurney Magic! Am I right?!

I never took DJ as the type of guy that really cared about being the best wr like a guy like SS. He's just a happy to be here type of guy like the rest of the team has seemed to have become. 

DJ Moore is a great receiver resigned to the fact that he is going to be on a bad team for a couple of more years.

But he's paid to run the routes and catch the ball, especially when it hits you in the hands.  As a vet he should be a leader and show the kids fighting for a job that you still give a damn on the field. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Hurney Magic! Am I right?!

I never took DJ as the type of guy that really cared about being the best wr like a guy like SS. He's just a happy to be here type of guy like the rest of the team has seemed to have become. 

DJ Moore is a great receiver resigned to the fact that he is going to be on a bad team for a couple of more years.

But he's paid to run the routes and catch the ball, especially when it hits you in the hands.  As a vet he should be a leader and show the kids fighting for a job that you still give a damn on the field. 

I get that vibe too.  Dude is too laid back to be elite.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

I get that vibe too.  Dude is too laid back to be elite.

I honestly don't think he cares. Partly because our QB/OC suck I assume. But he has shown this oh well attitude pretty much since the day he arrived.  I remember Smith commenting on his lack of attitude or something like the back then. Maybe someone else might remember his quote. It was prophetic in hindsight. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, stratocatter said:

I like Wilkes. Wonder if he has reached dgaf with a couple of players and the HC audition or if he has a plan with this. 

I get the impression that he is just trying to make the best of a bad situation.  He's not afraid to tell the players what he truly thinks of their play regardless of their salary. He's also not afraid to start backups and practice squad players if he thinks they will play like they have backbone while the starters just go through the motions. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I get the impression that he is just trying to make the best of a bad situation.  He's not afraid to tell the players what he truly thinks of their play regardless of their salary. He's also not afraid to start backups and practice squad players if he thinks they will play like they have backbone while the starters just go through the motions. 

IOW his way he doesn’t gaf about the gig I’f he can’t do it how he thinks it should be done. 
I feel surely that he will tell anyone what he has to tell them whether they  will like it or not. Behind closed doors, between them. 

Involving the media outside the locker room is what I am looking at. 

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Everything about the offense is broken. DJ has hung tough through bad coaching and had QB play his entire career but he finally looks like he's had enough and checked out now that he's secured the bag.

Checked out now? DJ is producing at the same level he has his entire career. He is a #2 WR and the Panthers want to believe he is a #1.

• DJ hasn't been consistent.  
  • QB play, at best hasn't been consistent......at worst it's been awful. 
  • DJ is a defensive focal point.
  • Play calling has been awful. 
  • Coaching has been awful.

The weight distribution of these factors is debatable, but they're all part of the story.

• Beer 2