• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers simply aren’t tough enough to win in the NFL

Cdparr7

“The first he ever spoke to the Carolina Panthers, John Fox told his new team it simply was not tough enough to win in the NFL. It was the spring of 2002, the Panthers had just became the first team ever to lose 15 straight game in a season. 20 months later they were in the Super Bowl.”

When I watch us the past few years and games like today, I go back and think about this. I don’t think we are tough enough, enduring enough, or physical enough to win. Sometime towards the end of the Rivera era we became soft and the Rhule era just accelerated that. 

I would prefer an offensive minded coach, but honestly whoever can get us back to this level of intensity, is the man that needs the job. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We aren't good enough at the QB position to win in the NFL and the overall design of our offense is just straight trash to boot.

How on earth anyone could look at Ben McAdoo and say to themselves "This guy is a rock star OC" is beyond me. How he could have saved Rhule's job is even more baffling. How in the world Tepper thought either of those guys was good enough ... there's just no words. 

• Pie 4

23 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

“The first he ever spoke to the Carolina Panthers, John Fox told his new team it simply was not tough enough to win in the NFL. It was the spring of 2002, the Panthers had just became the first team ever to lose 15 straight game in a season. 20 months later they were in the Super Bowl.”

When I watch us the past few years and games like today, I go back and think about this. I don’t think we are tough enough, enduring enough, or physical enough to win. Sometime towards the end of the Rivera era we became soft and the Rhule era just accelerated that. 

I would prefer an offensive minded coach, but honestly whoever can get us back to this level of intensity, is the man that needs the job. 

That 01 team lost a ton of close games. They just needed to get over the hump. I look at this group and I don’t think we are even that close even though they’ve won a few more games overall.   

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

The panthers have never been tough enough. At least not consistently. No back to back winning seasons, no Super Bowls. We have nothing to hang our hat on. We need some new blood. Someone that would make us a consistent winner. Enough of this good one year, bad the next bullshit.

I agree. I don’t think whoever that may be is the best offensive guru or defensive guru out there but the best leader. A person that can actually do what Matt Rhule was trying to convince everyone he could do. Rhule was trying to imitate a Parcells or Belichick but he just simply is not one.

24 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

The NFL in general is soft now. Todays game is a lot different than that of 20 years ago.

Yep. Like soft serve vanilla soft. Flag football. Do they do Oklahoma and nutcrackers and run the play in practice until guys are falling out? Doubt it.
I believe Luke might have pulled a Ronnie Lott and probably some other guys too but the league works against those players with these coed intramural style rules and officiating. 

Edited by stratocatter

22 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

The panthers have never been tough enough. At least not consistently. No back to back winning seasons, no Super Bowls. We have nothing to hang our hat on. We need some new blood. Someone that would make us a consistent winner. Enough of this good one year, bad the next bullshit.

Those were the days. We haven’t been good at all in 5 seasons. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

How on earth anyone could look at Ben McAdoo and say to themselves "This guy is a rock star OC" is beyond me. How he could have saved Rhule's job is even more baffling. How in the world Tepper thought either of those guys was good enough ... there's just no words. 

Tepper looks back at his decisions so far and decides to announce he feels it’s important to still be heavily involved in hiring process.

Seriously. You can’t make this poo up.

It was that moment that I knew we are at the least in for another round of idiocy; at most, this losing culture and dysfunctional franchise are here to stay.

Losing will become the norm. Going to games will be a drunken novelty event. In essence the new Browns.