• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers at Ravens thread

rayzor

The Burns trolls are pretty bad. Should we have traded him when they included this year’s 2nd? Yeah probably, but in a game where our defense played great and he had a crucial sack (that took them out of FG range) and a drive ending TFL, trying to say he played bad sounds dumb. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

The Burns trolls are pretty bad. Should we have traded him when they included this year’s 2nd? Yeah probably, but in a game where our defense played great and he had a crucial sack (that took them out of FG range) and a drive ending TFL, trying to say he played bad sounds dumb. 

He absolutely should have been traded for the package the Rams offered up.

That said, he played well again today. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Rags said:

If you wanna keep being joyless over two (Two) frst round picks be my guest.

We both know you would've hated those players anway because you refuse to enjoy anything.

I'm not talking about the picks I'm talking about Burns.  He is massively overrated by this fanbase. He's a nonfactor on our team.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I think the point is, Burns wasn't worth what they offered. 

Fitt thinks we're just  QB away.

We aren't.

• Pie 1

Just now, Jon Snow said:

I'm not talking about the picks I'm talking about Burns.  He is massively overrated by this fanbase. He's a nonfactor in our team.

You can say over rated (An argument I've had abt Moore on our offense) without jumping to the COMPLETE other side of the fence and saying he's a nonfactor.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Seltzer said:

That is an erroneous as it is self-serving. 

You are exposing your lack of football knowledge with that nonsense.

I really want to be nice but that is sheer stupidity.

You're going to be one of those guys complaining when Burns is paid like the player he is. He has more sacks in NFL history at his age and is the best pass rusher we have had since Peppers. He sacked Lamar twice today. You need to educate yourself about what actually constitutes real football.

Seriously, I know I sound like an old fart, but God almighty there used to be a better level of football knowledge and discourse here. It is as depressing as the team has been.

First of all, I have probably forgotten more about football than you have ever learned.  

Burns sacks before age 25 is such a stupid stat.  He was young coming into the league.  Compare his number to other “star” defensive ends after 4 years in the nfl (not age) and he’s way down the list.  

He constantly gets taken out of the game by single blockers and tight ends.  He misses a ton of tackles, especially at big times.  He’s bad against the run.  He doesn’t change the game.  Burns is not worth a massive contract.  Anyone who watches him every snap knows it.  He gets taken out of plays easily and most of his sacks come when he is unblocked.  

• Pie 5

Just now, ForJimmy said:

This team needs more than Burns. An extra 2nd this year and 2 more 1sts plus 30m cap available can do a lot to fill the gaps. I want the team to get better. Those picks with a competent GM, new HC and new OC could go a long way in that direction. 

9 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

Anyone who thinks Burns had a bad game is honestly too stupid to engage with. The defense outside of CJ was incredible.

Baker needs to take a permanent vacation from the NFL and take Shi with him.

TMJ was the lone bright spot offensively. 

He is developing into a legit WR2

Common theme with this team, literally ALL of Fhule's Favorites are turning out to be bad and his dog-housers are stepping up.  Oh, how bad was that guy?

And don't say PJ, he is just the lesser of the suck.  Fhule CHOSE Darnold and I bet he made the decision on Baker.

Just now, PNW_PantherMan said:

Ah yes.  The old anyone who disagrees with me is stupid argument. From the guy calling this place a cesspool lol

Because you are making a dumbass argument that is completely untethered from objective reality. Do you need constant validation of how smart and insightful you are??

Because the unvarnished truth is that your take on this is idiotic. Sorry but it is.

It's not personal. If you post something that makes sense I'll agree with you. 

Baker and Shi Smith were horrific. I will agree with anyone about that.

The defense outside of CJ was incredible, including and especially Burns. 

To crap on Burns for this game proves your football ignorance. Again, educate yourself, whatever, and you won't have people calling you out for stupidity.

It really is that simple

• Pie 1
  • Poo 2

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

This team needs more than Burns. An extra 2nd this year and 2 more 1sts plus 30m cap available can do a lot to fill the gaps. I want the team to get better. Those picks with a competent GM, new HC and new OC could go a long way in that direction. 

you'd have to wait 2.5 years to even use any of that... 

1 minute ago, poundaway said:

I think the point is, Burns wasn't worth what they offered. 

Fitt thinks we're just  QB away.

We aren't.

We aren't but we aren't much farther away either. More than "just a qb away" but it's more like "a cohesive offensive gameplan away."

idk why everyone acts like it's some mystery why we're bad when it's been the same problem for 2 years now. Excessively bad offense headed by terrible QB play.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

uhhh what? we just lost 13-3 against a premier football team. If you dont think we win today with a great QB, then I dont think we can see eye to eye on this topic.

Their QB was sick dude.    This was not Jackson's best game.

Believe what you like.  We are not a QB away.