• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Allbright: Eagles OC Shane Steichen is the hottest HC candidate out there

Saca312

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I haven't watched enough Colts games to say, but as a player he was part of buffalo's "K Gun" attack.

Yeah coaching wise I know he was OC for the Eagles Super Bowl year and then joined the Colts, Luck retired and it's been a similar QB nightmare situation there. Wentz did actually have better stats last year in that system vs this year so far. Rivers also had a solid 2020 season

I don’t like the way we did a QB like it was a disposable position under Rhule. 
I don’t like that Reich used that approach as well.

The difference is, I would trust Reich to know what he is talking about. So maybe would feel a little better in the same situation with him in charge. I mean, if it is a keep your powder dry hold the fort situation sometimes you have no choice but to make do.

On 11/14/2022 at 9:30 PM, *FreeFua* said:

We become a more attractive destination with a top 2 pick so we can land a QB 

We’re currently a tough to sell to any young offensive minded coach 

5 picks in the top 100 and 3 in the top 50, top 5 offensive line, three young receivers and an owner willing to trade it all for a franchise QB…

im not sure we are as tough as a sell as you propose. It’s not like teams who are hiring this off-season are going to have an established offensive roster already in place….

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

5 picks in the top 100 and 3 in the top 50, top 5 offensive line, three young receivers and an owner willing to trade it all for a franchise QB…

im not sure we are as tough as a sell as you propose. It’s not like teams who are hiring this off-season are going to have an established offensive roster already in place….

We've been over this before, nfl coaching jobs are gold and there is not a lot of history of people turning down jobs because of a bad situations.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

The last coach I remember turning down a head coaching for a promotion (where another HC job wasn't available) was Josh McDaniel for the Colts. I bet the Raiders wish he turned them down too.

Tbf, plenty of candidates don't reach the stage McD did likely of their own volition. We've heard a few times people not being interested in interviewing for X team.  It's overall rare though. We also had fans here convinced Cam would never take a second contract with us... 

• Beer 1

On 11/14/2022 at 10:17 PM, *FreeFua* said:

you’re right, let’s keep winning 5 games a year and cheering on meaningless wins

That seems to be working out really well for us!

And tanking the piss out of every season has worked so well for Jacksonville hasn't it. You act as if it is not possible to find a franchise QB in any other draft position except 1 or 2. Tell me then, which QB this year is the can't miss Andrew Luck, Cam Newton or Payton Manning that we need? 

Peters bowed out of our GM search. It happens but others will take any job that is a promotion. It all depends and unless we are operating under the traditional GM/HC structure than it keeps the worst away and be more about pairing those 2. Good pairings bring the best out and bad ones bring absolute crap to the table.

I just want to see a HC who is a football junky and strategist. Offensively minded would be the most stable longterm.

Edited by Waldo

On 11/14/2022 at 11:39 PM, onmyown said:

Statistics favor higher draft picks. That’s why they are most valuable. If there is confusion here, I’d honestly seek help.

Statistically speaking the variance of a true number one overall pick versus even a top 10 pick in terms of success rate is better however it is fairly marginal to the point of not understanding our "tanker" crowd and their hell bent position of whining every time our team does well. Its almost comical if i may. Statistically speaking less than half of first round QB's eclipse even a 4,000 yard / 24 TD season. Just about half of those don't even make it to a second contract. Now if you are talking about a first overall QB true number 1 pick then they do get better statistics wise of course that's a given but my whole point is if we don't get this number 1 overall pick it is still very possible to find a great QB. For every amazing franchise changing number 1 overall QB taken one could easily match it with a huge let down taken number 2 overall so unless we get the true number 1 overall pick that discussion is pretty invalid. There is no confusion here at all but thank you for your concern.

6 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

No matter what you do or think or say the coaches and players who's pay depends on their effort are not going to tank. So just save your energy. 

Some people just don't get it or their brains do not work to that level. That is 4-D chess to them. I agree, who in the hell with their jobs and livelihood on the line is knowingly going to tank on purpose and take a chance of being tossed aside for piss poor effort or play or coaching etc?

• Poo 1

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

We've been over this before, nfl coaching jobs are gold and there is not a lot of history of people turning down jobs because of a bad situations.

It takes years of dedication to the cause to get to the point nobody wants to talk to about a GM or HC position.  The only ones I remember for sure were Al Davis because nobody wanted to work for him and the 49ers when they pushed Harbaugh out. 

Maybe the Foreskins would have problems right now, but, if it looks fairly certain Snyder is a goner that will change even while he still has the keys to the place.

Jerry Jones has not always been able to hire who he wanted due to him being the second coming of Al Davis.  But he always finds somebody.

Otherwise, it takes a horrible and hopeless situation to become persona non grata.  While things haven't been pretty here, they are minor by comparison.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1