• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Allbright: Eagles OC Shane Steichen is the hottest HC candidate out there

Saca312

2 hours ago, saX man said:

Herbert looks like crap since he left LAC & now Hurts looks like gold in PHI.

There’s no need to use hyperbole. Steichen is good, but Herbert “looks like crap” because he’s 

a) playing with broken ribs for almost the whole season (without missing any time)

b) had his #1 receiver play 3 quarters of football all season and his #3 receiver has played in 3 games.

c) lost his #2 receiver last month.

d) lost his pro bowl left tackle for the season in week 3

e) #1 TE is out in addition to the #2 TE

This of course doesn’t even touch how much their defense is banged up too. But yeah, If Shane was still there, none of that would matter?

Edited by X-Clown
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I have the sneaking feeling we might have to bid with the Walton's this offseason...

Shop Target people... screw Walmart!

The thing about being the hottest candidate is that you likely get to pick your destination.

Steichen grew up on the West Coast and has done all but a few years of his coaching there as well.

Will he want to go back?

• Beer 1

On a related note, I've done a little bit of cursory research into Seattle OC Shane Waldron.

One thing I've seen that might work in Waldon's favor is that he'll have plenty of direct and indirect connections to the Panthers already. While he didn't work directly with Scott Fitterer or Dan Morgan, damn near everybody he's been working with for the last two years did. It wouldn't be shocking if the two of them started received some phone calls from old friends endorsing Waldron.

But it doesn't stop there...

The first few years of Waldron's football coaching career were spent in New England. He held a couple of different assistant roles between 2007 and 2009. Current Panthers executive Pat Stewart was with the Patriots organization during that same period.

Basically, he's as connected to our organization as about anybody right now.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

47 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

On a related note, I've done a little bit of cursory research into Seattle OC Shane Waldron.

One thing I've seen that might work in Waldon's favor is that he'll have plenty of direct and indirect connections to the Panthers already. While he didn't work directly with Scott Fitterer or Dan Morgan, damn near everybody he's been working with for the last two years did. It wouldn't be shocking if the two of them started received some phone calls from old friends endorsing Waldron.

But it doesn't stop there...

The first few years of Waldron's football coaching career were spent in New England. He held a couple of different assistant roles between 2007 and 2009. Current Panthers executive Pat Stewart was with the Patriots organization during that same period.

Basically, he's as connected to our organization as about anybody right now.

I think Tepper is gonna want Reich