• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If he were to be shopped this off-season , would you pick up the phone?

TheCasillas

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I was talking playoffs and not regular season. Context. As stated he has slipped recently. If we were getting Carr from years ago I would have said differently.

I dont understand how he has slipped.... he has thrown 11 TDs to 2 INTs over the last 8 games with a 89 QBR and over 65% completion percentage. McDaniels is destroying yet another franchise with his system. I didnt think McD would be bad again... thats a different topic. 

Do you have examples that I could review of Carr slipping? Are we sure it's not the system?

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I dont understand how he has slipped.... he has thrown 11 TDs to 2 INTs over the last 8 games with a 89 QBR and over 65% completion percentage. McDaniels is destroying yet another franchise with his system. I didnt think McD would be bad again... thats a different topic. 

Do you have examples that I could review of Carr slipping? Are we sure it's not the system?

To be honest, I think he would be winning a lot of games on this current flavor of the Panthers. A strong defense and a strong running game. He rarely wins games for the Raiders and hes certainly not sexy. But he also very rarely loses them games. I think we take the division half asleep with Carr on this roster. That said, I would certainly prefer draft one of the top prospects. But if we win too many games to push ourselves out of that conversation then Carr I would be very interested in. I tend to agree that I don't want another retread but Carr is different to me than the other recent attempts. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

We are not a qb away. You cannot imagine/create a winning record out of thin air. Stop trying to create shortcuts Rhule. 

less than 17 points per game...... less than 200 yards passsing..... and less than 50% completion percetnage... that was our offense with subaverage QB play.  Nothing needs to be made up.... its right there in the numbers.

7 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

We are not a qb away. You cannot imagine/create a winning record out of thin air. Stop trying to create shortcuts Rhule. 

That is old school Hurney BS, it still lives in Carolina apparently.

We need a lot more than just a QB...like start with competent coaching staff first. Another DE, a TE worth having on the roster and a healthy CB who can play 80% of their snaps. Stuff like that.

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

less than 17 points per game...... less than 200 yards passsing..... and less than 50% completion percetnage... that was our offense with subaverage QB play.  Nothing needs to be made up.... its right there in the numbers.

And you think another average qb is going to change that? Lol. I'm not even going to waste my time debating this drivel.

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

I shared a tweet earlier in the thread showing data that is the opposite of this statement. 

Well you are more in the know of these sorts of things then I am. That said, I don’t think he’s had a 3 TD game in over two years so the idea he’s winning games is hard for me to imagine. 

Im not disagreeing with you. If we fall out of he top 5 I would be strongly considering Carr. But a guy that rarely even has 2 TD games doesn’t strike me as someone that is just going out winning games for his team.