• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Young and Stroud are gone

Chris Smitty

As a diehard UNC fan I have to admit something that is pretty obvious.  Don’t tell @4Corners or @LinvilleGorge but Drake Maye hasn’t played a great defense yet.  Notre Dame was by far the toughest test.  We can’t get carried away here just yet.

As young as he is it has been really easy for him but we lets see how it goes in the ACC championship game

His talent and pedigree are incredibly impressive so far though 

Edited by Shocker

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

67th time got to work?? ....right??...

I dont mind another Baker type trade deal...

Unless both Spotrac and Overthecap are wrong, he is a UFA at the end of the year.  He'll cost us nothing to trade for.  As for money, he is being paid $2.5M this year.  Even if we gave him $4M, that is less than 20% of what we are paying the current crop of weeds we have growing in the QB garden.

11 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I don't think anybody believes Minshew is the answer, just that he is good enough to do what they brought Bridgewater in to do in 2020.  And that was not a bad plan at all, they just effed it up.  If whoever we draft is good enough to start in week 1, or week 4, or week 9, or week 15, Minshew becomes the backup until someone else pilfers him.  If somehow Corral lights it up and is good enough to start instead, Minshew becomes the backup.

I don't think anybody is talking about buying him, just renting him for a while.  Minshew is basically spending a career as a U-Haul truck: teams rent him for a purpose, and when that job is done they turn him in.

He's a UFA after this season, so the truck is available for rent.

Great post…not disagreeing with you.  We gotta go ahead and buy the Porsche though and quit leasing

Even if the Porsche breaks down all time and is expensive as fug to fix

Edited by Shocker

10 minutes ago, Shocker said:

As a diehard UNC fan I have to admit something that is pretty obvious.  Don’t tell @4Corners or @LinvilleGorge but Drake Maye hasn’t played a great defense yet.  Notre Dame was by far the toughest test.  We can’t get carried away here just yet.

As young as he is it has been really easy for him but we lets see how it goes in the ACC championship game

I seen him under "normal" pressure and he handled it a pro....but Im a UNC fan as well. The only one that called howell a late 4th rounder(99.9999845% right), while all of the unc fans trashed me......OL is whats Id worry about facing a top D. I think the bowl game and championship game....... Those two will be key, still lots of growing to be done......but he does feel/look special to me...

Edited by Basbear

6 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Unless both Spotrac and Overthecap are wrong, he is a UFA at the end of the year.  He'll cost us nothing to trade for.  As for money, he is being paid $2.5M this year.  Even if we gave him $4M, that is less than 20% of what we are paying the current crop of weeds we have growing in the QB garden.

Dang, I thought he had another year.....I dont see him on the free agent list tho??....hmmm

Edited by Basbear

Just now, Basbear said:

I seen him under "normal" pressure and he handled it a pro....but I ma UNC fan as well. The only one that called howell a late 4th rounder(99.9999845% right), while all of the unc fan trashed me......OL is whats Id worry about facing a top D. I think the bowl game and championship game....... Those two will be key, still lots of growing to be done......but he does feel/look special to me...

The thing that is crazy with Maye is how easy he makes everything look.  He is so damn talented.  Sneaky athleticism as well.  He is special no doubt but we have to see him under more pressure.  Knowing where he comes from and his family it probably won’t faze him much

8 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Love was drafted in 2020, OTC says he's a free agent in 2024

15 minutes ago, Shocker said:

His talent and pedigree are incredibly impressive so far though 

Pitt is the best defense he's faced. They're the #15 defense in the country. He went 34/44 for 388 yards and 5 TDs plus another 61 yards on the ground. Career day for most guys. Just a typical Saturday for Drake Maye.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Pitt is the best defense he's faced. They're the #15 defense in the country. He went 34/44 for 388 yards and 5 TDs plus another 61 yards on the ground. Career day for most guys. Just a typical Saturday for Drake Maye.

Awesome Sean Penn GIF

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

Just now, Shocker said:

The thing that is crazy with Maye is how easy he makes everything look.  He is so damn talented.  Sneaky athleticism as well.  He is special no doubt but we have to see him under more pressure.  Knowing where he comes from and his family it probably won’t faze him much

Best QB Ive seen at UNC and I handed out fillers for when Ronald Curry came to UNC. The thing about Maye for me, is hes already like a 85/100......barring a freak injury or woman problem, he should get kept getting better. Plus hes got a good NFL fame too, watch out if he finds a legit strength and mobility coach(he must already have them, if the team around him is smart).

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Best QB Ive seen at UNC and I handed out fillers for when Ronald Curry came to UNC. The thing about Maye for me, is hes already like a 85/100......barring a freak injury or woman problem, he should get kept getting better. Plus hes got a good NFL fame too, watch out if he finds a legit strength and mobility coach(he must already have them, if the team around him is smart).

Jason Stanchick needs a word,  kidding

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Jason Stanchick needs a word,  kidding

Bro, Im breaking another rule and thats jumping the jump on that statement. No lie, after first three pass plays(first game) and thought "this is not a normal college QB" I then told myself wait a few games......Ive seen more than enough, verdict- special.

Edited by Basbear

Just now, Basbear said:

Bro, Im breaking another rule and thats jumping the jump on that statement. No lie, after three pass plays and thought "this is not a normal college QB" I then told myself wait a few games......Ive seen more than enough, verdict- special.

If UNC had a defense we would win out and numbers wise he should win the Heisman.  He can’t win it…it won’t happen but he absolutely should be considering the ridiculous numbers he is putting up

• Beer 1

18 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Love was drafted in 2020, OTC says he's a free agent in 2024

Makes sense.  Minshew was drafted in 2019, but not in the first round so his rookie contract has no fifth year option.  If GB opts to exercise Love's fifth year, he'll cost them somewhere around $20M for 2024 unless he somehow makes a Pro Bowl or two.

Edited by Sgt Schultz
  • Beer 1