• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where have all the BDJS ers gone?

Hairless Cat

Why does he deserve a chance? That's something that must be earned. I haven't seen where he's done that.

PS and see post #82

You know what, I'll give you credit. At least you have some reasoning down which I respect. I remember MaineMan giving me some reasoning on another thread as well.

I think Moore being a QB on our team warrants enough for him to start. Jake won't be a starter in this league anymore and Feeley is back-up fodder for the rest of his career now. Forget Training Camp since obviously Jake didn't play that bad in camp. I just want to see what the kid Moore got. Starting Moore now, at worse, will be the same as starting Delhomme.

Hidden

I can't say I will miss Jake's style of quarterbacking. He was improving before his injury but now he just slings it. He doesn't have the accuracy anymore and he tends to over or underthrow his passes.

How many passes this year have we seen hit smitty or moose in the lower half of the body or sail above or behind them? Too many.

Some of us attended camp and have watched practices. Moore is not just "possibly" terrible. He's not the answer, just hyped because he's the available option. If we're going to blindly pick a starter, why not Feeley? At least he has some significant experience he might be able to call upon.

I can't say I will miss Jake's style of quarterbacking. He was improving before his injury but now he just slings it. He doesn't have the accuracy anymore and he tends to over or underthrow his passes.

How many passes this year have we seen hit smitty or moose in the lower half of the body or sail above or behind them? Too many.

I will have a compilation like that for Delhomme up soon. Hahaha.

And while I do feel that Moore is not the long term answer some here think he is, I do think he deserves his chance. I would hate for him never to get starts and then move on to have success somewhere else while we have no QB.

To elaborate on my point.

The season is lost. Why not play your backup and at least find out if he should be on the team next year? Even if you saw him in "practice" I do recall Jake looking alright in practice. I recall other QB's not looking so hot in practice and getting it done come game time in this league.

There is nothing to lose by starting him at this point. There is no logic for not seeing what we have in him... even if he does end up being terrible. At least we know. Arguing against it is just doing so for the sake of arguing.

To elaborate on my point.

The season is lost. Why not play your backup and at least find out if he should be on the team next year? Even if you saw him in "practice" I do recall Jake looking alright in practice. I recall other QB's not looking so hot in practice and getting it done come game time in this league.

There is nothing to lose by starting him at this point. There is no logic for not seeing what we have in him... even if he does end up being terrible. At least we know. Arguing against it is just doing so for the sake of arguing.

Arguing against it is NOT just doing so for the sake of arguing.

As I've said before, the coaches see what he presents in practice daily. You're suggesting that they should ignore what he shows them then to get a look at him during a "real" game. Do you really want that sort of player in a key position on your team? One that chooses to turn it on and off like a Ryan Leaf? Or would you rather have one that you could count on to fully prepare for every opponent?

PS> What about the fact that, in this case, the players who voted the #1 guy a captain see this guy slacking off in practice and yet getting play over their guy. How's that affect the chemistry?

Archived