• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College BBall 2022

jayboogieman

45 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Nance is just tall. He really shouldn't be starting or getting all the minutes he gets.

I expected Washington to start eating into his minutes over the course of the season. I don't know why it isn't happening. Hubert just doesn't seem interested in developing a bench. He wants to ride or die with his starting five. Which is weird for a product of old school UNC basketball. Dean Smith always went at least 8 deep with core players, oftentimes 9 or 10.

Bama and Auburn are trading blows like it's a boxing match.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Bacot gave them a shape up or ship out talk.

Good for Bacot. Leadership counts and I'm sure he wants to be in the tourney one more time. The announcers did say something about if Carolina lost today, they would be out.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I expected Washington to start eating into his minutes over the course of the season. I don't know why it isn't happening. Hubert just doesn't seem interested in developing a bench. He wants to ride or die with his starting five. Which is weird for a product of old school UNC basketball. Dean Smith always went at least 8 deep with core players, oftentimes 9 or 10.

Everybody needs a bench that can play decent minutes, especially if a starter goes down. Maybe Davis doesn't trust the guys he has sitting.

5 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Bama and Auburn are trading blows like it's a boxing match.

Good for Bacot. Leadership counts and I'm sure he wants to be in the tourney one more time. The announcers did say something about if Carolina lost today, they would be out.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Bacot is back again next year taking advantage of the opportunity for an extra year due to COVID. He's not considered a good NBA prospect. He can probably pocket more in NIL deals next year than he can make playing pro ball. His pro opportunities would still be there afterwards.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Bacot is back again next year taking advantage of the opportunity for an extra year due to COVID. He's not considered a good NBA prospect. He can probably pocket more in NIL deals next year than he can make playing pro ball. His pro opportunities would still be there afterwards.

I wouldn't be surprised if he returned either. I do remember he wanted to go pro after his freshman season, but came back after the scouts told him he wasn't a lottery pick. Guess his draft stock has never really improved and as you pointed out, NIL makes a huge difference these days.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That was the line last year and I bought it. But there's real talent getting splinters in their ass this year.

I don't see Davis being UNC's coach for longer than two more years. He might not last that long. Seems things never last long for guys that follow a legend, especially if the team/school has better options available.

26 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he returned either. I do remember he wanted to go pro after his freshman season, but came back after the scouts told him he wasn't a lottery pick. Guess his draft stock has never really improved and as you pointed out, NIL makes a huge difference these days.

I don't see Davis being UNC's coach for longer than two more years. He might not last that long. Seems things never last long for guys that follow a legend, especially if the team/school has better options available.

Bacot isn't a floor stretcher on offense like an NBA 4 needs to be and he lacks ideal height/length for a 5 and he's a subpar NBA athlete either way. Do I think he can play in the NBA anyway? Honestly, yeah I think he has a chance. Anyone who can rebound like he can does.

Yeah, you don't wanna be the guy who follows the guy. We'll see how it goes for Hubert. I'm rooting for him. But he has to start getting more committed to developing depth. You just can't rely on riding five guys constantly. I think it's a big reason why we're so hot and cold as a team. Usually when you're cold you look to your depth to provide a spark and turn the tide. We don't. There's nowhere to look for that spark.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Bacot isn't a floor stretcher on offense like an NBA 4 needs to be and he lacks ideal height/length for a 5 and he's a subpar NBA athlete either way. Do I think he can play in the NBA anyway? Honestly, yeah I think he has a chance. Anyone who can rebound like he can does.

Yeah, you don't wanna be the guy who follows the guy. We'll see how it goes for Hubert. I'm rooting for him. But he has to start getting more committed to developing depth. You just can't rely on riding five guys constantly. I think it's a big reason why we're so hot and cold as a team. Usually when you're cold you look to your depth to provide a spark and turn the tide. We don't. There's nowhere to look for that spark.

Bacot will probably end up in the G League or playing overseas instead of the NBA. The NBA has really moved to the stretch 4s and 5s in a big way.

Considering how long Davis has been a coaching assistant, he should be better at using his bench. Maybe he's trying to put his own stamp on UNC instead of doing things the way they've always been done.