• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Allen 2.0

bythenbrs

44 minutes ago, thennek said:

I actually think the Panthers handled Cam the right way in his first season.  Chud was a great OC for him and they brought in Olsen and Shockey along with a great running game (Williams and Stewart) and a good O-line.  After year one the plan seemed to have fallen away...but that first year it was a good transition from college to NFL for Cam.  

Without an offseason...still cant wrap my head around it... kudos to that man 

I’m sure they did great coaching and supporting Allen, but the other half (at least) is Allen’s mentality and “want to” and being able to mentally and physically develop. 

There are potentially two “Allen-ish” type prospects in the next draft physically, but do they have the mental ability and intangibles to get it done?

The Bills led the horse to water, but that horse had to be able to drink it all up. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

Great coaches on the offensive side. McD has been very good on his side but he has had a stacked staff on the other side until Daboll left this year. It all starts there for Allen. I don' think he would be nearly the QB he is today with most of the teams he could have gone to that year. 

5 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I’m sure they did great coaching and supporting Allen, but the other half (at least) is Allen’s mentality and “want to” and being able to mentally and physically develop. 

There are potentially two “Allen-ish” type prospects in the next draft physically, but do they have the mental ability and intangibles to get it done?

The Bills led the horse to water, but that horse had to be able to drink it all up. 

Yeah interviews will be extra important for Levis and Richardson.  I might be slightly higher on Richardson as he is starting to look better over the past few games.  Shows he is learning and applying himself to get better at the position already...  Hell Richardson looked better than Hooker against UGA's defense.

• Beer 1

41 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

He's way better than Cam. 

Cam couldn't pass like Allen

I agree to an extent. I do believe Allen is better supported, but I think ultimately Allen is better as a passer and Cam was better as a runner, with Allen having a larger advantage as a passer than Cam having a smaller advantage as a runner (not taking away from Allen, but Cam moving like a running back at his size was silly). 

The ultimate “what if” with Cam to me, is what if Chud didn’t leave right away, and we invested properly into his offensive line. 

Cam was absolutely slinging the ball early on.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, CRA said:

They gambled on young talent 

and they have played to the QBs strengths as he has developed.  And they  rode through the rough patches with him.  A lot of parallels with Allen and a young Cam. 

There are some parallels.

Cam was on fire out of the gate.  There was no plan here tho.  We had no stability from year to year at OC with Cam.

RR had to ride the rough patches with Cam because who else was going to save his ass by throwing the team on his back and dragging it downfield.

• Pie 1

51 minutes ago, poundaway said:

There are some parallels.

Cam was on fire out of the gate.  There was no plan here tho.  We had no stability from year to year at OC with Cam.

RR had to ride the rough patches with Cam because who else was going to save his ass by throwing the team on his back and dragging it downfield.

Cam only had 2 OCs really when healthy.  Chud and Shula.  Mike Shula was with Cam from 2011 to 2017.    Shula pretty much kept a lot of what Chud was doing too when he left.  

I’m not part of the group that claims we shouldn’t of ran Cam.  I was only cool drafting him if we used him how we used him overall.   It wasn’t perfect but I think it is overplayed that we didn’t use Cam right.  We used him the only way he was going to be special and he was.   It was a fun ride until he got hurt.   Lot of OCs wouldn’t of let Cam be special.  Ron’s guys did. 

*and his injuries had nothing to do with running.  Mike Shula era with Cam is the best window of Panther football in our history.   I also think Chud is no better an OC than Shula.  He just got the luxury of Cam making him look good because the league had no clue what to do with Cam at first. 

I don’t think OC was the biggest issue nor running Cam.  Think it was merely the front office not putting the bodies on the field if I was ranking all the issues. 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Cam only had 2 OCs really when healthy.  Chud and Shula.  Mike Shula was with Cam from 2011 to 2017.    Shula pretty much kept a lot of what Chud was doing too when he left.  

I’m not part of the group that claims we shouldn’t of ran Cam.  I was only cool drafting him if we used him how we used him overall.   It wasn’t perfect but I think it is overplayed that we didn’t use Cam right.  We used him the only way he was going to be special and he was.   It was a fun ride until he got hurt.   Lot of OCs wouldn’t of let Cam be special.  Ron’s guys did. 

*and his injuries had nothing to do with running.  Mike Shula era with Cam is the best window of Panther football in our history.   I also think Chud is no better an OC than Shula.  He just got the luxury of Cam making him look good because the league had no clue what to do with Cam at first. 

I don’t think OC was the biggest issue nor running Cam.  Think it was merely the front office not putting the bodies on the field if I was ranking all the issues. 

In any event, Cam came out guns ablaze.  Allen, not so much.

Edited by poundaway

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Norv was up to something special with Cam too…until…

Sad Arrested Development GIF

Oddly enough Cam struggled with the short gimmies. He would tend to fire the ball to the receiver, not giving himself any room for error. Probably just needed to take a little off. 

But... I've never seen any QB throw that deep out like young Cam. That mofo would throw a 15 yard out late and the DB couldn't do anything but watch it.