• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More coaches fired

hepcat

5 minutes ago, poundaway said:

🤣  and Holcomb and McAdoo stays.

Scapegoat away!

I am genuinely super curious what @CRA thinks about this.  Remember his claim that Rhule would start Darnold over Baker at the start of the season so he would have an ace in the hole to later bench Sam Darnold and buy himself more time to keep his job?  I thought that idea sounded kinda nuts, but does that not feel like exactly what happened here?  Wilks keeping a couple of Rhule's flunkies on staff so that "In Case of Emergency, Break Glass" and fire them after an embarrassing blow-out loss?

I was receptive to the idea of keeping Wilks until yesterday's game.  That was arguably the sloppiest most ill-prepared we've looked in any game I've ever watched as a Panthers' fan.  I'm not often actually viscerally embarrassed of our team's performance cause at the end of the day it's just a game for entertainment, it ain't that serious.  But damn was I embarrassed yesterday.

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

Just gotta get through 8 more games and they all can go

And to think all of you UNC guys were wondering if Mack should've been fired too. 

Wilks is the guy. Wilkes County is in NC. Wilks went to college in the county next to Wilkes County (Watauga). Tae Hayes went to the same college. Wilks loves Charlotte. Wilks will be the next head coach.

Too many twine connecting to the same push pin, right on Wilks right ear. 

16 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

And to think all of you UNC guys were wondering if Mack should've been fired too. 

Wilks is the guy. Wilkes County is in NC. Wilks went to college in the county next to Wilkes County (Watauga). Tae Hayes went to the same college. Wilks loves Charlotte. Wilks will be the next head coach.

Too many twine connecting to the same push pin, right on Wilks right ear. 

Tom Delonge Wtf GIF

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, hepcat said:

Those guys were both idiots! I couldn't stand Evan Cooper from the first time they tried to do a fluff interview with him and he admitted he was shocked when Rhule gave him a job because he didn't know what he was doing. I think he was talking about Temple or Baylor but still. The old dude was just a joke

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

Those guys were both idiots! I couldn't stand Evan Cooper from the first time they tried to do a fluff interview with him and he admitted he was shocked when Rhule gave him a job because he didn't know what he was doing. I think he was talking about Temple or Baylor but still. The old dude was just a joke

Inserting him into the scouting department was kind of crazy.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Prior to that though, other teams were interested in Burns too.  The Rams offer was the last one with sources confirmed.  I can't remember if the reports were confirm, but the Eagles were sniffing around with two first and one of them were believed to be this year.  As a new HC, having two first round picks in your first season is VERY attractive.  That could even lure in a big name coach even though we lack a franchise QB.

I know a dude that is a DIE-HARD Packers fan and he said that a second was the highest they were willing to give up, that future first were absolutely out of the question.

With the way the Packers’ season is going, that 2nd rounder may turn out to  be quite valuable. I would’ve definitely taken that for DJ.

Edited by Prowler2k18

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Inserting him into the scouting department was kind of crazy.

Yeah first time hearing that. I was gonna refresh my memory of his roles but they already got him off the website lol. He was CB coach, player personnel something or other, and a scout? That's some Rhule bs for a guy that shouldn't be near an NFL team

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah first time hearing that. I was gonna refresh my memory of his roles but they already got him off the website lol. He was CB coach, player personnel something or other, and a scout? That's some Rhule bs for a guy that shouldn't be near an NFL team

"Director of Player Evaluation" or something like that.

Ultimately I guess it was Rhule's way to have one of his people inside the scouting department.

Person said (and the video bears this out) that Cooper had a fairly prominent role in the draft day discussions.

21 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

I’m sure Tepper ordered this 

Tepper does not care at all about the DB and DL coach. The last thing he wants to do is pay more coaches during a lost season.

this is wilks grasping at straws trying to blame everyone but himself. I don’t blame him, he’s in desperation mode. Barring a miracle this is his last chance at being a nfl head coach.