• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More coaches fired

hepcat

56 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

Holcomb should’ve gone with them. He’s a good position coach (LB) but the past few weeks has shown he’s in over his head as a DC. But as someone posted earlier, this will all be a moot point at season’s end.

Our run defense shows that he's not that great of a linebackers coach. Shaq and Luvu look out of position on every play (probably because they are called on too much in pass defense). This has not been a Carolina-style linebacker group, yet we have the personnel for it to be one.

Interesting...if you believe that report from Twitter from that one dude who called out the rift between Phil Snow and Steve Wilks and talked about Phil Snow being Rhule's "puppet master" or w/e, then that string of tweets specifically singled out Paul Pasqualoni as backing up Wilks in voicing his disagreements with Snow's scheme.

• Pie 2

26 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Our run defense shows that he's not that great of a linebackers coach. Shaq and Luvu look out of position on every play (probably because they are called on too much in pass defense). This has not been a Carolina-style linebacker group, yet we have the personnel for it to be one.

Holcomb wasn't the linebackers coach. That's Mike Siravo (a Rhule guy).

Holcomb was the LB coach when we had Kuechly and Davis.

• Pie 1

34 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I still can't believe we turned down the Eagles offer for Burns.  Full blown rebuild coming our way and turned down two 1st rounders, one likely this year.  I get it, can't make the tank too obvious for multiple reasons.  I mean, I was cool keeping Moore even though he looks like he doesn't give a crap anymore.

Firing coaches at this point is simply window dressing.  We are a bad team even if some dead weight is let go. 

Rams offered two 1st in ‘24 & ‘25 and a 2nd next year for Burns and the Packers offered us a 1st next year for Moore according to sources. If this were true, we should have taken those deals poste-haste and kept it moving. This team just will not allow itself to embrace a full rebuild. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Holcomb wasn't the linebackers coach. That's Mike Siravo (a Rhule guy).

Holcomb was the LB coach when we had Kuechly and Davis.

Yup and we would’ve been better served to replace him with Holcomb and let Wilks or someone more qualified call the defense. Under these circumstances, I guess it’s the best we can do.

9 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

Rams offered two 1st in ‘24 & ‘25 and a 2nd next year for Burns and the Packers offered us a 1st next year for Moore according to sources. If this were true, we should have taken those deals poste-haste and kept it moving. This team just will not allow itself to embrace a full rebuild. 

Prior to that though, other teams were interested in Burns too.  The Rams offer was the last one with sources confirmed.  I can't remember if the reports were confirm, but the Eagles were sniffing around with two first and one of them were believed to be this year.  As a new HC, having two first round picks in your first season is VERY attractive.  That could even lure in a big name coach even though we lack a franchise QB.

I know a dude that is a DIE-HARD Packers fan and he said that a second was the highest they were willing to give up, that future first were absolutely out of the question.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Beer 1