• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A few ramblings

top dawg

What a difference a week makes, huh? Not really.

Just a very few random thoughts:

The top three coaches can't be responsible for such excrement and expect to be serious candidates for their respective positions. After this display, a new coaching staff is damned near a certainty.

Burns is a problem as some have already stated (including myself) He's just not a complete Edge. An equal problem is that YGM has never EVER played anywhere near his draft status. We need a complete Edge to complement Burns if we decide to keep him (and even if we don't).

Much like D.J. needs help to shine on offense, Burns would benefit from a legit threat on the other side on defense. My opinion, but I don't see either as consistent solo needle-movers. We need to draft a more complete Edge rusher, and a receiver that's known for being a route technician. That would facilitate more consistent productive efforts for our guys.

Speaking of problems, it is a problem that we extended a JAG, drafted a JAG and acquired another JAG at TE. We need a legit starter at TE, and it's obvious. Any person has to be blind not to see this. 

It's probably a good idea to spend at least a 4th on a complete RB. If we don't go that route, I'd say that Rojo is worthy competition to add to our RB stable (though I don't know how he blocks, but something has to be amiss there). Within that same vein, Hubbard is underappreciated in the Huddle, but is a necessary part of the offense as its presently constituted. But he and Foreman are simply replaceable (Hubbard because he has oven mitts for  hands).

We need another DT, and possibly LB. I can't really say because I can't say that the coaches are putting players in the best position to succeed. 

The surprise is not that we lost, but the way that we got our asses handed to us. 

It was a little excitement for the season, being in contention to win the NFCS, but the reality is is that we are a bad team that I suspect underperforms relative to its talent level on defense, and is hamstrung on offense by ineffective QB play and coaches that aren't creative enough to maximize the talent that we have on a consistent basis, particularly against the better teams of the NFL. 

Change is coming, and it needs to, and it's a good thing. 

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

We need a capable QB to balance our offense above everything. Another DE is pretty pressing and we can probably grab a LB with one of our 3rd round picks. I would like to get a look at Brandon Smith his year (I mean he can’t be worse that what we just watched). Chinn moving to LB will also help. Chinn, Shaq, and 3rd rounder could work next year. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

We need a capable QB to balance our offense above everything. Another DE is pretty pressing and we can probably grab a LB with one of our 3rd round picks. I would like to get a look at Brandon Smith his year (I mean he can’t be worse that what we just watched). Chinn moving to LB will also help. Chinn, Shaq, and 3rd rounder could work next year. 

We got two years to really fill out the roster. Not shipping Burns off was a mistake but we could get a QB this year and still pick top 5 next year with our cap situation. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

Not trading Burns for that haul of picks is a decision that will come back to haunt this franchise for years to come

Agreed - Burns is worth about 6M per year.  We will pay him 25M per year and get nothing but whiffs.  Imagine the upgrades we could have made with that draft capital.  The 2024 first rounder could have easily been used to trade back into the first round in 2023 and grab another starter 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Agreed - Burns is worth about 6M per year.  We will pay him 25M per year and get nothing but whiffs.  Imagine the upgrades we could have made with that draft capital.  The 2024 first rounder could have easily been used to trade back into the first round in 2023 and grab another starter 

I’m so sick of this franchise and how many bad decisions get made year after year. It’s just pathetic at this point and there’s no hope for the future. Someone talk me off the ledge.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

5 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

Our D is built to play with leads we need an offensive coach and QB that can provide that

You need a LT who can let the QB play with patience against the top NFL edge rushers in the NFL. It did not matter who the QB was with what Hendrickson was allowed to do until he left the game in the 3rd quarter to celebrate his dominance.

• Poo 2

31 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

You need a LT who can let the QB play with patience against the top NFL edge rushers in the NFL. It did not matter who the QB was with what Hendrickson was allowed to do until he left the game in the 3rd quarter to celebrate his dominance.

Our LT is the least of our problems 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, top dawg said:

What a difference a week makes, huh? Not really.

Just a very few random thoughts:

The top three coaches can't be responsible for such excrement and expect to be serious candidates for their respective positions. After this display, a new coaching staff is damned near a certainty.

Burns is a problem as some have already stated (including myself) He's just not a complete Edge. An equal problem is that YGM has never EVER played anywhere near his draft status. We need a complete Edge to complement Burns if we decide to keep him (and even if we don't).

Much like D.J. needs help to shine on offense, Burns would benefit from a legit threat on the other side on defense. My opinion, but I don't see either as consistent solo needle-movers. We need to draft a more complete Edge rusher, and a receiver that's known for being a route technician. That would facilitate more consistent productive efforts for our guys.

Speaking of problems, it is a problem that we extended a JAG, drafted a JAG and acquired another JAG at TE. We need a legit starter at TE, and it's obvious. Any person has to be blind not to see this. 

It's probably a good idea to spend at least a 4th on a complete RB. If we don't go that route, I'd say that Rojo is worthy competition to add to our RB stable (though I don't know how he blocks, but something has to be amiss there). Within that same vein, Hubbard is underappreciated in the Huddle, but is a necessary part of the offense as its presently constituted. But he and Foreman are simply replaceable (Hubbard because he has oven mitts for  hands).

We need another DT, and possibly LB. I can't really say because I can't say that the coaches are putting players in the best position to succeed. 

The surprise is not that we lost, but the way that we got our asses handed to us. 

It was a little excitement for the season, being in contention to win the NFCS, but the reality is is that we are a bad team that I suspect underperforms relative to its talent level on defense, and is hamstrung on offense by ineffective QB play and coaches that aren't creative enough to maximize the talent that we have on a consistent basis, particularly against the better teams of the NFL. 

Change is coming, and it needs to, and it's a good thing. 

Nice overreaction there