• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who thinks Wilks and PJ are still the answers?

mc52beast

5 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

The underlying problem is the construction of the roster.  We have some talent, it just may not be "the right" talent.  Since The Process came in, we focused on speed and versatility.  Problem is, there are units in the NFL that need brawn. 

Whoever comes in is going to have to sit down with Fitts (or whoever) and go unit by unit to assess the pieces.  That probably means some of the talent we think we have is going to have to be moved.  I have no idea to what degree this problem hog ties the current interim staff in what they can do, because you can't really change it much during the season.  It is not an excuse, but an observation that has to be considered because if it is limiting them, it will limit their successors.

The other thing, as basic as this is, will be to make sure players are in their best positions.  We know The Process was not any good at identifying that.  My guess is they were trying to outsmart everybody, and like most who do that, they outsmarted themselves.

As I said, it will take a while to undo the damage that was done with the grand Rhule experiment.  The right coaching staff can probably do it in two seasons and could show improvement right away.  But, if we are going to go down another five to seven year plan, we might as well trade everybody and start over.

You are exactly right 

this roster construction is a patchwork of a team that didn’t know what it was going to be before the construction started

it is a house built without a blueprint and here we are and will ne for the next 3 years while it is fixed 

• Pie 2

We've said it before, but being an interim coach is a seriously tough path. You're coaching players you didn't choose with a staff you didn't hire to run systems you didn't create. It's a nearly impossible task.

As far as Wilks, I believe there are plenty of people who would have liked to see him succeed, but I don't think too many people were predicting it.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 3

2 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

There’s nothing wrong with wanting your team to win. Nothing wrong with rooting for Cinderella stories.

I think since we can’t get good football on Sunday’s, people lean into shitting on the team and other people to cope with the losing. They align losing with “being right”, and therefore they get something out of it. 

Well said and I definitely see what you mean and where you are coming from.