• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who thinks Wilks and PJ are still the answers?

mc52beast

I won’t speak for Wilks huddle but Team PJ just wanted him over Baker, who would have cost us a draft pick to start and isn’t clearly better. It was the right call, sorry.

I thought the Lavar Ball gifs and Super Bowl posts made it clear we were having fun with it but I’ll try harder next time.

• Pie 2

If anyone actually believed PJ Walker was going to be the answer they had either been living under a rock the last two years or they don’t know football. Wilks is what he is. An interim coach in over his head after inheriting a mess from one of the former highest paid coaches (lol) in the NFL.

9 hours ago, YourLastThought said:

I was hoping both PJ and Wilks would keep propelling us upward and was enjoying PJ's Cinderella story so I guess you can put me down as a "shitty take" because I wasn't being completely doom and gloom hoping we lose every damn other game we play so we can take a gble with a top pick QB that may or may not even pan out. I still want us to work as many possible games as they can and don't want to sit around every Sunday rooting against my team then getting pissed off if they do win. If all that is shitty takes then that's cool, put me down for shitty takes but I haven't disappeared myself. Yep, they looked like garbage today but I STILL hope whoever the QB is starting next week that they lead us to a victory and have a great game. I guess that was another shitty take wasn't it.

LOL. I hope we lose. 

5 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

I was old enough to remember people thinking we may have found something special in Walker because of a blown coverage Hail Mary. And a lot if people blaming the Arizona GM for 3-13 season and wanting to give Wilks the full time gig here.  

Yeah, people are acting like no one said it. There were multiple threads if I recall lol

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

I think Wilks can still determine his destiny. PJ proved he was a back up today. Unfortunately I think last weeks bullshit loss took the wind out our sails this game. We had no momentum and no swag. And we just don’t have enough talented leaders to inspire the team to play hard. 

LB is a general soft spot and we don’t have a solid enough DE opposite Burns. 

Actually, I think Baker proved he could be a very good back up QB.  Coming off the bench he didn't completely suck.    But he cost too much to be a backup.

30 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

LOL. I hope we lose. 

But why? It does not GUARANTEE that the QB we pick is going to be amazing. What if we picked 15th or 18th and still found a Pat Mahomes type? It just doesn't guarantee the player we select is going to be amazing. It is still a huge gamble is all I'm trying to say. It is deprey as hell to watch our team and root against them. I feel like some sort of traitor when I do this.

Edited by YourLastThought

what I saw yesterday  was a team that totally gave up.

Attribute it to anything you wish, emotionally drained from Atlanta and/or the preponderance of the year’s turmoil, Wilks is the issue, Holcomb is the issue, McAdoo is the issue,  Tepper”s mismanagemt is the issue, the players are the issue   

Here’s what I didn’t see, not one captain doing anything to make this team play. Not one.  Either by their example on the field or leadership on the sideline.  It was ‘oh well, bad day, will get my pay check and call it a day. Frankly, it’s been that way for a long time 

one phrase that I see on this board that is maddening: 

‘this team has too much to x’  

no they don’t.  

If they did, they would not look as they have looked for really 4 years 

I like Wilks  I am in no way sorry I have supported him  I had hope, being a standup guy,  that he could at least get a little bit of pride out of these over paid, under achieving athletes.  I was wrong 

so, blow  all of it up, including the GM and scouts  who assembled all of this ‘talent’.  

Speaking of that GM, not taking those draft pics for Burns and Moore, beyond stupid ..but hey, let’s keep that ‘talented  defensive core’.

Edited by raleigh-panther

9 hours ago, YourLastThought said:

I was hoping both PJ and Wilks would keep propelling us upward and was enjoying PJ's Cinderella story so I guess you can put me down as a "shitty take" because I wasn't being completely doom and gloom hoping we lose every damn other game we play so we can take a gble with a top pick QB that may or may not even pan out. I still want us to work as many possible games as they can and don't want to sit around every Sunday rooting against my team then getting pissed off if they do win. If all that is shitty takes then that's cool, put me down for shitty takes but I haven't disappeared myself. Yep, they looked like garbage today but I STILL hope whoever the QB is starting next week that they lead us to a victory and have a great game. I guess that was another shitty take wasn't it.

There’s nothing wrong with wanting your team to win. Nothing wrong with rooting for Cinderella stories.

I think since we can’t get good football on Sunday’s, people lean into shitting on the team and other people to cope with the losing. They align losing with “being right”, and therefore they get something out of it. 

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

what I saw yesterday  was a team that totally gave up.

Attribute it to anything you wish, emotionally drained from Atlanta and/or the preponderance of the year’s turmoil, Wilks is the issue, Holcomb is the issue, McAdoo is the issue,  Tepper”s mismanagemt is the issue, the players are the issue   

Here’s what I didn’t see, not one captain doing anything to make this team play. Not one.  Either by their example on the field or leadership on the sideline.  It was ‘oh well, bad day, will get my pay check and call it a day. Frankly, it’s been that way for a long time 

one phrase that I see on this board that is maddening: 

‘this team has too much to x’  

no they don’t.  

If they did, they would not look as they have looked for really 4 years 

I like Wilks  I am in no way sorry I have supported him  I had hope, being a standup guy,  that he could at least get a little bit of pride out of these over paid, under achieving athletes.  I was wrong 

so, blow  all of it up, including the GM and scouts  who assembled all of this ‘talent’.  

Speaking of that GM, not taking those draft pics for Burns and Moore, beyond stupid ..but hey, let’s keep that ‘talented  defensive core’.

Since Wilks took over the defense has been slipping and then yesterday happened.

This team generally has given us at least a motivated defense to watch, but there is a certain demoralizing nature to a shitty defense vs a shitty offense. 

Watching the defense getting punched in the mouth all day is unbearable. Sometimes watching our poo offense is laughable. 

I don’t know if that makes sense or not. 

What I would like to see happen and what is probably going to happen are two separate things. Would've loved to see Wilks and PJ give us a fighting chance to salvage this season, but after yesterday, it's evident that was never going to happen. I just can't figure out if he's that bad or if they're now fully committed to the tank. 

• Pie 1

The underlying problem is the construction of the roster.  We have some talent, it just may not be "the right" talent.  Since The Process came in, we focused on speed and versatility.  Problem is, there are units in the NFL that need brawn. 

Whoever comes in is going to have to sit down with Fitts (or whoever) and go unit by unit to assess the pieces.  That probably means some of the talent we think we have is going to have to be moved.  I have no idea to what degree this problem hog ties the current interim staff in what they can do, because you can't really change it much during the season.  It is not an excuse, but an observation that has to be considered because if it is limiting them, it will limit their successors.

The other thing, as basic as this is, will be to make sure players are in their best positions.  We know The Process was not any good at identifying that.  My guess is they were trying to outsmart everybody, and like most who do that, they outsmarted themselves.

As I said, it will take a while to undo the damage that was done with the grand Rhule experiment.  The right coaching staff can probably do it in two seasons and could show improvement right away.  But, if we are going to go down another five to seven year plan, we might as well trade everybody and start over.

• Pie 3

The thing is that it is designed for the interim to never really have a chance to succeed. You come in the middle of an upheaval, limping to the finish line, do house cleaning, and everyone says that you are a bad coach while you're doing it. They were competitive the two weeks before this game, but it is still a huge void of talent at key positions. Guys like Luvu are just Jags and can't carry the jocks of guys we have had in the past like AJ Klein and he is playing major snaps. YGM can't set the edge with a gun to his head and CJ Henderson is the human pylon.  And we still don't have a QB. Wilks may not be the answer going forward, but quit shitting on him like he's a nobody who has no idea about players and coaching.