• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who thinks Wilks and PJ are still the answers?

mc52beast

36 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

I think Wilks can still determine his destiny. PJ proved he was a back up today. Unfortunately I think last weeks bullshit loss took the wind out our sails this game. We had no momentum and no swag. And we just don’t have enough talented leaders to inspire the team to play hard. 

LB is a general soft spot and we don’t have a solid enough DE opposite Burns. 

This 💯 especially re the LB corp. The hot start for Luvu is looking like mirage and I think he returns to being a backup and key ST player next season. Brandon Smith is young and athletic but not sure if he’s a future starter (got to work on his tackling), Shaq is probably playing elsewhere next season and the rest are either one-year rentals or JAGS. The unit could really use an infusion of talent.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Were there people who actually thought this?

I can't say I saw anybody wanting to anoint Walker as the mother of all starters.  There were people saying he should start the rest of the year.  But, that is in the context of the choice being him, Darnold, or Mayfield.  I think they were hoping Walker could make a case to stay on the roster next year.

As for Wilks, I saw and commented in a thread saying he should get another year.  The context of that thread was the possibility that nobody worth squat would be interested in this job and if that is the case, he should get a year from start to finish to see what he could do, almost as an "extended interim." 

Seems like I've seen people say he is a viable option.  I'm sure I missed some threads that may have gone farther than that, because there are some thread titles that I just won't touch.

My view on Walker is that coming into today he had nine games to show whether he should be in the running for the veteran on the roster with Corral and whoever we draft.  I don't think he has nine games anymore.  Had he been consistent (and not consistently bad), throw his name in the hat with any other cheap vets although he would be at a disadvantage having not ever been an established starter anywhere.  But backups in the NFL have to not throw games away, at a minimum.  They don't have to propel the team to victory, they just have to not give away victories the rest of the team has earned.  I just don't think Walker can consistently do that.

You know how this place gets.  Let them win or do something like the end of regulation last week and we are playoff bound and going to surprise people.  Let them lay an egg like today and everybody should be taken out and shot.

• Beer 1

30 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Were there people who actually thought this?

No. I half heartedly hoped he could be a Cinderella story here as he was a local guy. That was probably more due to my own selfish desire to not have to endure any more shitty football. Today crapped all over that possibility. 

• Pie 3

They won't own up to it. These people post these shitty takes and then disappear when they are proved dead wrong. Just like the anti-tankers come here to troll after the Panthers get to 5 wins on the season saying "tankers are losers" and "winning breeds winning" and poo like that. They also disappear when the team promptly gets destroyed the next week

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

They won't own up to it. These people post these shitty takes and then disappear when they are proved dead wrong. Just like the anti-tankers come here to troll after the Panthers get to 5 wins on the season saying "tankers are losers" and "winning breeds winning" and poo like that. They also disappear when the team promptly gets destroyed the next week

I was hoping both PJ and Wilks would keep propelling us upward and was enjoying PJ's Cinderella story so I guess you can put me down as a "shitty take" because I wasn't being completely doom and gloom hoping we lose every damn other game we play so we can take a gble with a top pick QB that may or may not even pan out. I still want us to work as many possible games as they can and don't want to sit around every Sunday rooting against my team then getting pissed off if they do win. If all that is shitty takes then that's cool, put me down for shitty takes but I haven't disappeared myself. Yep, they looked like garbage today but I STILL hope whoever the QB is starting next week that they lead us to a victory and have a great game. I guess that was another shitty take wasn't it.

Ickey and the RBs did not do PJ any justice in the first half. PJ is just a below average QB. DJ Moore should be bailing him out. Ickey should be keeping Hendrickson from being in PJs face for the entire 1st half. When PJ has to carry the offense, you know the players who are suppose to be NFL starters and 1st round picks are worse than a below average NFL QB.

• Poo 1