• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brian Burns is getting destroyed in the run game today.

hepcat

2 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

It’s literally not. Pretending that it’s a hard and fast rule that applies at all times is incredibly stupid and naive. 1st round picks are 1st round picks. The Rams value them less than the Panthers should right now. It’s funny how on your high horse you are in this thread, calling people emotional, yet you are the one who has made like half the posts the past couple pages.

There was a whole thread explaining this. Talking to walls at this point. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Then there are people who act like they know everything, and state their opinions as facts, and then call others dumb. 

Which are you? 

This is pretty funny considering you pooed then quoted my post and the first thing you said was “Lol dumb” when I wasn’t even talking to you. You’re pretty self-righteous there bud. 

My problem is Burns has always been he’s valued for “what he can be” rather than what he is. Right now he’s a one dimensional player that gets killed in the running game. He also has approximately one move to rush the passer. He does his spin move and if it’s there he has a nice Qb pressure, but if it’s not he’s done rushing the passer for that play. He doesn’t have the nonstop drive to get to the QB that other elite pass rushers have.

The panthers are essentially valuing Burns as a Myles Garrett type player, but he plays like a slightly better Mario Addison. The absolutely ceiling for Burns (in my opinion) is developing into a Maxx Crosby type player. But that requires an endless motor and a big improvement against run. Burns is only 24 so hopefully there’s still time to get there once the team is competitive again. If not, the panthers will look stupid for a longgggg time for turning down that kings ransom. 

• Pie 1