• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Around the NHL

19 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Damn, wonder where he’s headed next.

Its kind of crazy that him and Maurice keep getting jobs.

Haven’t seen any other vacancies happen yet, but I’ve only been watching NHL.com. 

And just saw the ducks fired their coach.

Edited by Harbingers

Has anyone else watched the movie Valiant? A great documentary, I watched on Amazon Prime last night. It’s about the Vegas Golden Knights first season as a new franchise, at the backdrop of the nations worst mass shooting in history. I wish the Canes would see this, and open their eyes to what they can be in the playoffs if they believe in themselves and play their best.

Ever notice how the 4 major sports in this country just continue to retread coaches? Regardless of their performance, regardless of their history, they just keep getting jobs.

When will a team truly pull a Ted Lasso and just make a gigantic reach at changing the culture of a team?

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Ever notice how the 4 major sports in this country just continue to retread coaches? Regardless of their performance, regardless of their history, they just keep getting jobs.

When will a team truly pull a Ted Lasso and just make a gigantic reach at changing the culture of a team?

I remember that happening in pro football when a team bucked the retreads trend and hired a college coach with absolutely no Pro experience. It didn’t turn out well.

*Matt Rhule has entered the discussion*

• Beer 1
  • Flames 2

39 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

I can’t speak for the other two. 

Hockey coaches that retread tend to have a cup or two under their belt. Though you would think more teams would step out on a limb as the coaching staffs are much smaller.

Football is pretty obvious, coaching staffs are huge and the tree matters. Retreads know way more people, even upstarts like the LA Rams coach knew everyone from that tree.