• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rams Offering Two (Future) Firsts for Burns

One last stab at it. A few people have said the equivalent of “I don’t care about the gm system, we are fans and that’s the point of view that matters.”

Let’s say we end up with round 2, pick 15. A team really wants that pick, and will only trade future picks. Would you be fine with a 2024 2nd round pick? We don’t lose a 2nd round pick. Maybe the 2024 is better than 15th in the round. We are just kicking it back a year. Maybe the 2024 class is better… 

Or would you absolutely rage?

28 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Champ I’m talking about fans on this board saying we should trade Burns because the future 1sts are equivalent to a mid round pick. Get a clue. 

Future 1st are different than trading 2-7, cause there is no "0" group for future 3rd is worth a now 4th formula..... You have bring out the magic 8-ball and guess what type of record the team will have in the future......impossible but still try.

Now talks of Mcvay and 99 retiring were real and that team is old, plus QB is beat-up and a "old" 33.....If those 3 blow up after this or next yr.....one of those picks could be top five-ish...Panthers are in dead cap hell next year along with a new HC&staff(high likely).

If you already know burns wants 30+, thats one heavy stone brother. He still can be moved in the off-season, just the rams wanted him for this years run...(could help the CMC haul)

If the new HC has a pure 4-3 system, burns could be in trade talks again. 

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

One last stab at it. A few people have said the equivalent of “I don’t care about the gm system, we are fans and that’s the point of view that matters.”

Let’s say we end up with round 2, pick 15. A team really wants that pick, and will only trade future picks. Would you be fine with a 2024 2nd round pick? We don’t lose a 2nd round pick. Maybe the 2024 is better than 15th in the round. We are just kicking it back a year. Maybe the 2024 class is better… 

Or would you absolutely rage?

It doesnt work like that

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, Toomers said:

And this is the perfect example of CTE flawed logic in devaluing future picks automatically. Moves like this made out of desperation almost always go poorly. The Saints has to have a cheap, quality  replacement for Armstead. And a lower first round salary is all they could afford. Now they are not only out next year’s 1st(top 10?) but all those other picks. The Eagles took advantage. The Panthers chose not to. 

Season 10 Story GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

36 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Champ I’m talking about fans on this board saying we should trade Burns because the future 1sts are equivalent to a mid round pick. Get a clue. 

That isn't what the board said about trading him for future firsts. Those folks wanted to do the deal.  That is what the folks who didn't want to trade him like myself said given future picks are devalued and not worth the same as a 2023 1st. Once again you are the one who seems rather confused.

34 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

That isn't what the board said about trading him for future firsts. Those folks wanted to do the deal.  That is what the folks who didn't want to trade him like myself said given future picks are devalued and not worth the same as a 2023 1st. Once again you are the one who seems rather confused.

I’m not going to scroll back through 40 pages to show you that this is factually wrong. So I’ll just leave it here. But you are factually wrong lol

3 hours ago, stbugs said:

Again, why is our mindset about not getting fired? Oh, that’s right, we are 17-40 the last 4 years. We should absolutely not be thinking that way because that’s what Marty did, that’s what Rhule did and clearly Fitterer as well. It’s laughable to say that two future firsts are worth a 2nd and 3rd this year. I don’t care about GMs and coaches because if we are talking about guys getting fired in 1-2 years, we fuged up hiring or keeping them anyway. At the end of the day the picks are players and two future first round players will (according to statistics) have a much bigger impact on the Panthers than a 2nd and a 3rd rounder. If we don’t even have our future coach and QB aren’t on the team until 2023, saying firsts in 2024/2025 are too far away is silly.

Also, appreciation only occurs if the Rams get worse. I think that might be likely given Stafford’s age and his increased hits due to Whitworth and Corbett being gone.

It's a real bummer that Fitt actually rejected the deal as it guarantees that we are going to tie up a huge part of the cap onto one player who isn't at all an Elite pass rusher.   smh.

Only the Panthers, man.    Only the Panthers. 

• Pie 5

12 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I get it. Also, don’t forget that Burns is going to sign for what Reddick plus Corbett make per year. That’s the rub. I don’t think Burns is worth (to us) 2 1sts and Corbett more than Reddick.

Yeah the cap hit argument makes sense.