• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The bandwagon for Grayson McCall

Chris Smitty

10 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

😂 😂 😂

Yeah, a barely above .500 Sun Belt team is "the best team in NC".

Nevermind the three ranked ACC teams with better records...

I'm an App State grad and that was a bruh moment for me too

Anyway props to CCU, they've built themselves a solid program in a short amount of time.  Plus I bet it's sweet for those kids to be 30 minutes away from throwing up popcorn shrimp and margaritas in front of a family from Ohio at Rainbow Falls putt putt course in Myrtle Beach.  poo I know that's what I'd be doing if I went to school there.

Edited by The NFL Shield At Midfield
  • Flames 2

57 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Why is Grayson McCall playing for Coastal Carolina?  If the skills and talent were really there wouldn’t he be at some bigtime school?  And if he was would he be good?

At the end of last year he actually had offers from several P5 schools and thought about entering the transfer portal and leaving but decided he was going to finish what he started at Coastal

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

Why is Grayson McCall playing for Coastal Carolina?  If the skills and talent were really there wouldn’t he be at some bigtime school?  And if he was would he be good?

Sorry to say but that's a weak argument. 

Many good QBs have come from small schools.  Wyoming isn't a powerhouse by any means.  Liberty doesn't scream perennial Top 25.  The list could go on and on.

I'm not a fan of McCall and said earlier if he is our only option at QB it would mean PJ had a great 2nd half.

Secondly, I don't believe he has better tools than Corral and we'd be wasting a pick for competing QBs.  If you are going to take a QB in round 1 he better be able to beat PJ and Corral out.  Otherwise I would rather focus on a different position. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Many good QBs have come from small schools.  Wyoming isn't a powerhouse by any means.  Liberty doesn't scream perennial Top 25.  The list could go on and on.

I'm not a fan of McCall and said earlier if he is our only option at QB it would mean PJ had a great 2nd half.

Secondly, I don't believe he has better tools than Corral and we'd be wasting a pick for competing QBs.  If you are going to take a QB in round 1 he better be able to beat PJ and Corral out.  Otherwise I would rather focus on a different position. 

Might as well throw the Corral preseason film in the garbage, Rhule put him in a position to fail. He put TMJ in a position to fail, he ignored the fact we upgraded OC in Bozeman, who knows how many other behind the scenes moves he made based on who would kiss his ass or not

• Pie 2

10 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I think level of competition is important personally.  Josh Allen turned into a great player but that isn’t the norm.  Taking an outlier and applying to other players is risky business.  

I respect your opinion but I don’t see PJ or Corral as long term solutions but I hope I am wrong.

• Beer 1

51 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I think level of competition is important personally.  Josh Allen turned into a great player but that isn’t the norm.  Taking an outlier and applying to other players is risky business.  

I respect your opinion but I don’t see PJ or Corral as long term solutions but I hope I am wrong.

Well without looking it up we have

Jake Delhomme 

Farve

Big Ben

Josh Allen

Roger Staubach 

Steve McNair 

Kurt Warner

Tony Romo

Those are all franchise guys off the top of my head from small programs in my lifetime. I'm sure I'm forgetting several. 

Besides Corral played in the SEC

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

Yeah it's tricky with the college stuff. I think it's fair to say Mccall's WR is a step above the bum CB's they play week in and out. It definitely makes drafting a guy like that higher more difficult because they play on a smaller stage with less pressure, and they're usually throwing against secondaries of guys who won't even be UDFA's. Senior Bowl would be a good showing for him but he's not eligible since he won't graduate by December, he could also play in college again next year if he thinks it would bump his stock

44 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Well without looking it up we have

Jake Delhomme 

Farve

Big Ben

Josh Allen

Roger Staubach 

Steve McNair 

Kurt Warner

Tony Romo

Those are all franchise guys off the top of my head from small programs in my lifetime. I'm sure I'm forgetting several. 

Besides Corral played in the SEC

Take note outside of Allen none of these are recent. Your list of current "small school" NFL starting QBs is:

1. Trey Lance - Looks bad and got hurt.

2. Zach Wilson - Looks bad and got hurt. 

3. Carson Wentz - Looks bad and got hurt.

4. Josh Allen - MVP candidate.

And the list of starting QBs is overwhelmingly towards the majority of first and second rounders. McCall likely isn't that. Its getting harder and harder to find diamond in the rough QBs in the later rounds. The Jaguars might have had one in Minshew and he played significantly better than Lawrence has thus far and with worse weapons. Unfortunately for Gardner he is sitting behind Hurts on an undefeated team so he is going to have to test the free agent waters next year and see who wants to roll the dice on him. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Varking said:

Take note outside of Allen none of these are recent. Your list of current "small school" NFL starting QBs is:

1. Trey Lance - Looks bad and got hurt.

2. Zach Wilson - Looks bad and got hurt. 

3. Carson Wentz - Looks bad and got hurt.

4. Josh Allen - MVP candidate.

And the list of starting QBs is overwhelmingly towards the majority of first and second rounders. McCall likely isn't that. Its getting harder and harder to find diamond in the rough QBs in the later rounds. The Jaguars might have had one in Minshew and he played significantly better than Lawrence has thus far and with worse weapons. Unfortunately for Gardner he is sitting behind Hurts on an undefeated team so he is going to have to test the free agent waters next year and see who wants to roll the dice on him. 

Gotta keep an eye on Malik Willis this week as well if he gets the start against the Chiefs. He went 7-14 for 61 yards in his first game last week, but they were running for like 7 yards a carry so wasn't a true showing of where he's at. 

Minshew is chilling right now, if he gets playing time and there's no drop off in offensive performance he can make some money next year. Biggest issue with him is he's stuck on the last year of his rookie contract and the Eagles refused to trade him for good reason because that's a solid backup. Jags traded him away for a 6th rounder because they're the Jags

55 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Gotta keep an eye on Malik Willis this week as well if he gets the start against the Chiefs. He went 7-14 for 61 yards in his first game last week, but they were running for like 7 yards a carry so wasn't a true showing of where he's at. 

Minshew is chilling right now, if he gets playing time and there's no drop off in offensive performance he can make some money next year. Biggest issue with him is he's stuck on the last year of his rookie contract and the Eagles refused to trade him for good reason because that's a solid backup. Jags traded him away for a 6th rounder because they're the Jags

I’m not sure Minshew has the arm strength to be a franchise QB. He is a great backup and decent bridge QB similar to Teddy IMO.

• Beer 2

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I’m not sure Minshew has the arm strength to be a franchise QB. He is a great backup and decent bridge QB similar to Teddy IMO.

Yeah he's no PJ when it comes to slinging it but he's less turnover prone. I guess that's what gets all these backup guys lumped together, one little thing missing here or there that they usually can't overcome 

• Pie 1