• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Moore should not have been penalized for helmet removal

Zod

7 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I’ve never ever seen a player flagged for taking their helmet off to celebrate out of bounds. I’ve seen it a few times in the end zone or on the regular field. Aka in the field of play. 

Please... DJ was not thinking about the field or wording of a rule when the helmet came off. This argument is ludicrous. Helmet stays on, flag doesn't get thrown. It's that simple and the team will learn from it. Hell, might make DJ even more fiery.

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 7

5 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Please... DJ was not thinking about the field or wording of a rule when the helmet came off. This argument is ludicrous. Helmet stays on, flag doesn't get thrown. It's that simple and the team will learn from it. Hell, might make DJ even more fiery.

True, but it doesn’t matter what he was thinking, it happened out of bounds therefore it should not have been a penalty. 

• Pie 2

The refs were doing all they could to slow down the Panthers and make the game more even.  I wasn't surprised at all when they finally find some bogus call to make because these rules are put in place for them to make judgement calls like this..... for reasons.  Nothing will ever come of this so don't expect that.

33 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I’ve never ever seen a player flagged for taking their helmet off to celebrate out of bounds. I’ve seen it a few times in the end zone or on the regular field. Aka in the field of play. 

Cam last year was clearly out of bounds but he was flagged. 

Im wondering if DJ came back into the end zone and that’s why they flagged it because it took a long time for that flag to show up I was sure it was an unsportsmanlike conduction celebration penalty not a removal of helmet. 

Either way the refs were looking for anything to throw a flag on. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 2