• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Games

Shocker

Just now, TheCasillas said:

When OSU plays a team with equal level talent as them and dominates, I will change perspective. However, it appears I am going to have to wait until Thanksgiving at the earliest. 

The programs that OSU has faced are tiers below them in talent.

Their SOS is 12th… so who exactly can I watch and be comfortable knowing that they are playing good teams? Since OSU’s SOS is 12th it means that only teams with a better SOS play anyone… so I guess only Alabama and Tennessee.

Anyone else want to chime in and make a list for me of the teams that actually “play someone”…

It’s just not a good argument and never has been.

If you want to say they don’t pass the eye test then that’s fine, I’ve used that argument year after year with Notre Dame… but the, “they don’t play anyone” argument is worn out.

For what it’s worth, I do think OSU passes the eye test. Their schemes work on every team they play.

Just now, TheCasillas said:

He had Olave and Garrett Wilson who averaged almost 3.5 yards of separation per catch. You dont get that much room in the NFL.

I mean he is hitting them in stride. The only currently ranked team Levis has played this year is Ole Miss who is ranked below Penn St. I get Stroud has talent around him, but the schedule thing can be said for every team at this point.
Also Lawrence had Higgins and Amari Rogers plus the Jags RB,  Burrow had 2 of the top NFL WRs a NFL RB and 3rd WR who was drafted. I just can’t hold that against him. The last few games Stroud has Harrison Jr (who is a stud), but his other top WR has been out. 

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Their SOS is 12th… so who exactly can I watch and be comfortable knowing that they are playing good teams? Since OSU’s SOS is 12th it means that only teams with a better SOS play anyone… so I guess only Alabama and Tennessee.

Anyone else want to chime in and make a list for me of the teams that actually “play someone”…

It’s just not a good argument and never has been.

If you want to say they don’t pass the eye test then that’s fine, I’ve used that argument year after year with Notre Dame… but the, “they don’t play anyone” argument is worn out.

For what it’s worth, I do think OSU passes the eye test. Their schemes work on every team they play.

There is a reason the CFPNC exists... other than just money.... we werent seeing teams of equal talent play each other to a point to justify who truly is a good football team vs a good conference football team. Defend it all you want, but OSU is doing what they are expected and have yet to experience any adversity. 

Again, my perspective.. I am not going to judge OSU until they play another elite college program. 

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

There is a reason the CFPNC exists... other than just money.... we werent seeing teams of equal talent play each other to a point to justify who truly is a good football team vs a good conference football team. Defend it all you want, but OSU is doing what they are expected and have yet to experience any adversity. 

Again, my perspective.. I am not going to judge OSU until they play another elite college program. 

That’s why I asked, who are you judging?

By that reasoning, we should be looking at teams and players from teams that you can apparently judge.

As Ohio State has the 12th ranked SOS, it would leave me to believe that we can only judge teams that have a better SOS than them.

So which teams can we say… yeah, they are legit… Bama and Tennessee? Maybe Oklahoma State?

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I mean he is hitting them in stride. The only currently ranked team Levis has played this year is Ole Miss who is ranked below Penn St. I get Stroud has talent around him, but the schedule thing can be said for every team at this point.
Also Lawrence had Higgins and Amari Rogers plus the Jags RB,  Burrow had 2 of the top NFL WRs a NFL RB and 3rd WR who was drafted. I just can’t hold that against him. The last few games Stroud has Harrison Jr (who is a stud), but his other top WR has been out. 

I am having the conversation around schedules with @MillionDollarCam- not sure how that made its way into this convo since we are talking about Stroud as a QB.

Levis has already proven he has the tangibles to carry a team. KY is b rated talent in college and they are maintaining position ina  tough conference.He isnt the focus here though. You dont draft QBs because of where their team finishes, but rather their tangibles and ability to lead football teams. 

Stroud is just a cog in the OSU machine. What I am holding against Stroud is that he hasnt had to show the true tangibles of an NFL ready QB. He has okay mechanics, and he is the most athletic person on the field, so he wont be able to use his deet to separate himself. He also doesnt have the arm strength you would want from a QB that is taken #1 overall. He is comfortbale behind Young, Levis and Hooker when it comes to arm strength. 

Put Stroud on another program, say KY? He isnt even up for discussion as #1. 

Again this is my perspective and from my studies of film review and reddit/message boards.