• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So, I just started a new gig

Khyber53

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Latest video and within our narrator shows that he's not AI and that he has a new book coming out. He's a great guy and he's been my best buddy for more than 30 years now.

Btw, yes, the dog was safe. And yes, the man was not in his right mind when they wheeled him into the interview room. His Miranda rights, very carefully, were not violated in the least bit, as they were unable to even verify his name, date of birth or address fully. Once they couldn't do that, there wasn't anything else they could do.

I tell you this just to give you a little look behind the scenes of when we do these videos. We do a public information request to police departments or other agencies to get everything they are able to share on these subjects. Some provide more than others, all redact some of the information. In this particular one, we got the video of the police officer rolling up, the quick roadside deal and then him entering the apartment. We also got the footage of the attempted interview. We received some photos and about 30 pages of police reports (many of which were just forms from an officer on scene stating that they were there and they watched such and such quadrant of the crime scene).

That's it. And my job is to come up with a story for this, patch together the footage, photos and reports that we received into something at least somewhat compelling. In this case, there was no information about the victim or what happened to the murderer. And that had me digging for days. 

In this particular case, the murderer languished for nearly three years in the county jail because of the Covid situation, then there were literally dozens of pages of trial delay requests by prosecutors and defense attorneys (and a revolving door of public defenders). In the end, both sides just threw up their hands and offered the killer a plea deal, just to get it off their docket. Was Justice done? No, not at all. Was expedience the byword? No, not at all. Is this commonplace? I'm really afraid it is.

And the victim? It took days to track down even the slightest information about him, and as said in the video, his published obituary only provided that he had been born at a certain time and had died on that day. It was a sad, soul-chilling thing to stumble across and it bothered me for days that this happens to people. 

So, there we are. I get an initial request to do a script about a guy claiming to have killed a Terminator and I have to do my best to bring it back around and make it about people as best I can. I've got to, for my own sake.