• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What’s your 2023 QB big board (including Corral)

Wundrbread33

5 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

He's so young I'm not sure if another year of college or a year sitting on the bench would be better for him. I saw on his IG he graduated High School May 23rd 2020 and that seems crazy. He might be at 20 college games started when the draft hits

If he gets a 1st round grade based on raw talent he should go. Look at what happened with Rattler. Dude went from presumed to be competing for the #1 overall pick to transferring and sucking ass at South Carolina. Look at what happened to Howell. Lost all of his weapons and accounted for virtually the entirety of his team's offense but dropped to the 5th round.

If you have a good chance of going in the 1st, grab your bag.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If he gets a 1st round grade based on raw talent he should go. Look at what happened with Rattler. Dude went from presumed to be competing for the #1 overall pick to transferring and sucking ass at South Carolina. Look at what happened to Howell. Lost all of his weapons and accounted for virtually the entirety of his team's offense but dropped to the 5th round.

For sure financially I'd go into the draft if I were him. He won't make it past the 2nd round worst case scenario, that's probably $10M 

3 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

The way I would place this, if Stroud/Young go 1-2, I take Anderson, the. Trade up or wait it out for Hooker/Richardson.

I'd prefer this. I think Young is at his ceiling in that tailored offense. I like Young but he'll probably be gone before we pick. If we're high up I'd also consider trading back and taking Hooker/Richardson, a MLB, and Bijan Robinson all by the middle 2nd round. That's a haul

2 hours ago, Icege said:

He is most certainly the best runner of this group. The only comparable runner is Max Duggan, but as much as I'm going to be overhyping Duggan he does break down tremendously under pressure while Corral seems to feed off of it.

His ability as a runner makes me even more enthusiastic about the team's redzone potential with him at the helm. 😮

If Wilks or the next head coach opt to go a route similar to Daboll and Jones, we could see Corral get his shot at being the guy with the understanding that the team is going to throw the house at getting their favorite prospect in 2024 if he doesn't perform. Or they could decide that the team would be better off with Bryce Young at the helm.

Very observant but that's the thing, he plays with aggression. The right coach can recognize and help channel that correctly.

Look at what he said when he came here " I'm going to start by any means necessary". He was the first guy there because he was hungry and wanted it bad to no avail but his high drive is unquestionable and needs to be managed.

Like I've said here, maybe this time he's had to be in the organization a year with NFL training and conditioning and book work etc. Corral in the short term may actually be the best option among all but maybe one of these QBs.

I think he makes a good case for #1 on this list because his already being a NFL player, in the facility, etc. He has a yearlong head start on all these rookies coming out.

I'm very curious to see if we've actually fallen into our own Russell Wilson, Tom Brady situation. Don't care what the doubters say.

You can build a winner without the financial burden of a first round QBs contract. If Corral works out he a steal and a deal.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep, if he is a first round talent he is coming out.  Better to come out early then to stay and show you suck

It sucks that Corral is out for the year and we won't be able to see what he can do before the next draft. If corral was putting up the numbers PJ has done the past 2 games, we would have crown him as our guy and not be looking at 2023 QB's. If we win the division then there's a change Wilks keeps the job and rolls with Corral next year. But it's more likely we have a top 5 pick and a new HC who is gonna want to pick their own QB. Whatever happens I'm ok with it because Corral does have NFL talent and it would be nice to see what he can do with NFL coaching and structure and having a coach who actually wants to develop him and not having him watching a stupid QB competition from the sidelines. A new shinny HC paired with a Top 5 pick QB would bring a ton of hype as well. 

8 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I find it hard to believe he won’t get at least a late first. His schedule is going to get easier so his numbers will probably look better and Josh Allen has opened the door for players like him. 

8 hours ago, Jaxel said:

The way I would place this, if Stroud/Young go 1-2, I take Anderson, the. Trade up or wait it out for Hooker/Richardson.

If you like Richardson you take him. Don’t wait.

The Broncos took Chubb at 5 and the Bills took Allen at 7. 

Broncos had signed Keenum and figured they stack their pass rush. Welp here we are now and the Broncos QB situation I suppose still remains a mess and they just dealt Chubb.

If they’re sold on Richardson, Will Anderson isn’t a good enough reason to play the hope and wait game for a QB

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

Broncos had signed Keenum and figured they stack their pass rush. Welp here we are now and the Broncos QB situation I suppose still remains a mess and they just dealt Chubb.

If they’re sold on Richardson, Will Anderson isn’t a good enough reason to play the hope and wait game for a QB

If this were to happen I pray we have someone like Dorsey as HC and a OC from a similar system and they come out and say here is the 3-5 year plan for AR.  There has to be a path setup for him to succeed

4 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Agreed. Lots of people are quick to point out the highly drafted QB busts but we can do similar exercises with edge rushers, OTs etc. There are no guarantees in the draft.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1