• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What’s your 2023 QB big board (including Corral)

Wundrbread33

10 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

There are tons of physically talented guys who never improve. 

You guys say that about Sam Darnold all the time.

If you are in the NFL you are physically talented. Some guys improve. Some don’t. That’s the nature of the business. 

11 minutes ago, Varking said:

If you are in the NFL you are physically talented. Some guys improve. Some don’t. That’s the nature of the business. 

Come on man.

Extra ordinary athletes in relation to their peers. Mike Vick  Jeff George etc often don't do the hard extra things it requires to improve and you know it.

Often the more physically talented the worse the fundamentals and technique.

Vs the true killers like Michael Jordan who not only had the physical tools he grinded constantly on his fundamentals. 

If the fundamentals are bad after two years in college it's a red flag to me.

29 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Come on man.

Extra ordinary athletes in relation to their peers. Mike Vick  Jeff George etc often don't do the hard extra things it requires to improve and you know it.

Often the more physically talented the worse the fundamentals and technique.

Vs the true killers like Michael Jordan who not only had the physical tools he grinded constantly on his fundamentals. 

If the fundamentals are bad after two years in college it's a red flag to me.

I agree with that statement on Falcons Mike Vick, Eagles Mike Vick was a much improved passer. He used that big arm instead of his legs.

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I agree with that statement on Falcons Mike Vick, Eagles Mike Vick was a much improved passer. He used that big arm instead of his legs.

Eagles Mike Vick only had 2 years over 3000 yards and only one of those was a 60 percent completion percentage. 

The only other season he hit 60 percent in his whole career he only had 66 attempts.

If I take away those two seasons his career completion percentage is 53.2

As I have said Mike Vick couldn't hit the ocean from the beach. He absolutely sucked and I would never want a Mike Vick level QB to be drafted by us outside of the 6th and 7th round.

11 minutes ago, Icege said:

Been curious where Corral lines up as I've been doing my armchair scouting. I've got his game vs Bama last year to watch still and a few other games, but I'm starting to become a believer that Matt Corral would be QB1 in this draft class... 👀

Rick James GIF

Matt Corral has heart he plays bigger than 6'2" 210lbs. He was attacking DBs and even LBs as a runner. While you don't want him trying to truck guys in the NFL as a QB it just shows the aggressive nature of Corral the football player.

He's no sissy QB he's a football player he'll hit and get hit, it's all football to him much like Cam he's not just playing QB he's playing football.

Players like that need to be protected and managed because otherwise they're completely fearless.

I think with proper management and just a little more work on reigning in that arm and cutting down on overthrowing guys on deep passes he'll be a Aaron Rodgers type of player. 

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Icege said:

Been curious where Corral lines up as I've been doing my armchair scouting. I've got his game vs Bama last year to watch still and a few other games, but I'm starting to become a believer that Matt Corral would be QB1 in this draft class... 👀

Seeing how Rhule had Baker looking like a shell of himself, I think Corral should get a full camp and preseason under actual NFL coaches. He's technically our 3rd round pick this coming year anyway. 

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, Icege said:

He’s looking better and better as the college season progresses and these prospects show more red flags. 

He didn’t fall to round 3 because of talent (or lack of it). 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Rick James GIF

Matt Corral has heart he plays bigger than 6'2" 210lbs. He was attacking DBs and even LBs as a runner. While you don't want him trying to truck guys in the NFL as a QB it just shows the aggressive nature of Corral the football player.

He's no sissy QB he's a football player he'll hit and get hit, it's all football to him much like Cam he's not just playing QB he's playing football.

Players like that need to be protected and managed because otherwise they're completely fearless.

I think with proper management and just a little more work on reigning in that arm and cutting down on overthrowing guys on deep passes he'll be an Aaron Rodgers type of player. 

This comp dates me some, but Corral makes me think of Jake Plummer with more arm talent. 

Corral needs to use his athleticism that way. No more running over dudes, but covering lots of ground on boots, and having the secondary ability to gash teams if they forget about his legs. 

Corral has a nicely refined play action and sells it well. A great pump fake too. He does a lot of little things well. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Rick James GIF

I think with proper management and just a little more work on reigning in that arm and cutting down on overthrowing guys on deep passes he'll be a Aaron Rodgers type of player. 

The more I think about his heart the more I like him.

Maybe he has some Jake in him.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Wundrbread33 said:

This comp dates me some, but Corral makes me think of Jake Plummer with more arm talent. 

Corral needs to use his athleticism that way. No more running over dudes, but covering lots of ground on boots, and having the secondary ability to gash teams if they forget about his legs. 

Corral has a nicely refined play action and sells it well. A great pump fake too. He does a lot of little things well. 

For all the Corral is too small people, here he is next to PJ. PJ has 15 pounds on Bryce Young. CJ Stroud has 1" and like 5 pounds on Corral for complete context of these top 2 guys in the draft

efglnrfgskua10ue781q.jpeg.46a7051e21ccc36c1c4f54406e3c4810.jpeg

• Pie 1