• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What’s your 2023 QB big board (including Corral)

Wundrbread33

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The new coach will evaluate corral as a 3rd rounder who cannot even practice until august.  Not just my opinion but fact.   

The new Coach will evaluate him as a quarterback on the Carolina Panthers not as a draft pick. Come on, your going overboard with your blatant hatred for Corral.  Got it, you don't like him and don't expect anything from him.  I'll wait for your mancrush on the 2023 QB list.

As I said, OTAs and MInicamps don't give the rookie that much of a head start.  You're not Corral's doctor and he may be ready to compete when the new season starts.  

@Wundrbread33 pointed out that Corral has a full season with the team that is also a benefit, though minor, it still is a benefit.

31 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I like corral.  Ive said many times rhule has fuged this kid, however the love this dude is getting on here is insane.  He was dropping like a rock in the draft and is now injured.  The odds were astronomical for him to make an impact as it was before he got injured.  Now they are basically nonexistent.    At absolute best he is starting the season qb3 behind a vet and a highly drafted rookie.  At best.  No way in hell corral is going to be taking any valuable reps from them especially seeing how he is going to miss mini camps etc until Aug.  Even then we dont know how well he will play coming off a notoriously fickle injury. 

I liked WIllis, but didn't trust Rhule to develop him.  I honestly thought Corral could be the best for our system.  Even if we had the same staff here I wouldn't expect them to pass on a top QB because of a 3rd round pick, much less a new staff that isn't invested in him at all.  We are drafting one and if Corral looks great then we could have two young good QBs which is a good problem to have.  

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I get what you're saying. I just think it's hard to judge anything significant about him given the circumstances.

Again, I wouldn't pass on drafting a quarterback, but I really don't think we truly know much of anything about Corral.

But that's what the next staff is going to have to work off of too. Maybe Fitts will stump for Corral but I can't imagine a new staff not at least pushing hard for a new QB.

Now with that said, if we end up sucking our way into Drake Maye I ain't gonna cry about it. 😂

Just now, DaveThePanther2008 said:

The new Coach will evaluate him as a quarterback on the Carolina Panthers not as a draft pick. Come on, your going overboard with your blatant hatred for Corral.  Got it, you don't like him and don't expect anything from him.  I'll wait for your mancrush on the 2023 QB list.

As I said, OTAs and MInicamps don't give the rookie that much of a head start.  You're not Corral's doctor and he may be ready to compete when the new season starts.  

@Wundrbread33 pointed out that Corral has a full season with the team that is also a benefit, though minor, it still is a benefit.

I don’t hate him at all you are being dramatic. I have said since training camp rhule fuged this kid.  I have also Said the odds of a 3rd round pick becoming a franchise guy is astronomical.    Now with his injury and new staff there is no realistic avenue for him to contribute to this team in the near future.  

otas and minicamps don’t give a rookie learning a new offense that much of a head start?  Goddamn dude okay I am not even getting in to that with you.  Just look at baker for exhibit a.   

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

But that's what the next staff is going to have to work off of too. Maybe Fitts will stump for Corral but I can't imagine a jew staff not at least pushing hard for a new QB.

Now with that said, if we end up sucking our way into Drake Maye I ain't gonna cry about it. 😂

Neither would I, honestly.

I think the kid's damn good.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

But that's what the next staff is going to have to work off of too. Maybe Fitts will stump for Corral but I can't imagine a jew staff not at least pushing hard for a new QB.

What if the new staff is catholic?

• Pie 3
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Why does our staff have to be labelled as such??

My goodness man. /s

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

What if the new staff is catholic?

Oops...

I think you're about to get canceled 😐

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I liked WIllis, but didn't trust Rhule to develop him.  I honestly thought Corral could be the best for our system.  Even if we had the same staff here I wouldn't expect them to pass on a top QB because of a 3rd round pick, much less a new staff that isn't invested in him at all.  We are drafting one and if Corral looks great then we could have two young good QBs which is a good problem to have.  

I agree we'll draft a QB but I also believe Corral will be given every opportunity to win the job. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• Are you saying it is easier to fix Bryce Young than to find a better option? I think that is your point so I'll respond to that. Better is really easy; take one of the UFDAs like Bagent of the other one the beat us last year... I forget who it was. Doesn't matter. The point is that unheralded nondescript guys are better for the NFL than Young.  or the right option meaning the best,  It was pretty easy last year as long as you didn't forget it is the NFL we are talking about not college. Pick the guy that looks like he could be what we have seen succeed in the league before. And we had three guesses besides Bryce.  They fuged up a slam dunk.  As fas as fixing him, first I don't think you are really acknowledging his issues. They are so deeply fundamental to his  play that he has to to be totally rebuilt. But you have the restriction that you can't improve any of his physical shortcomings, that's a factory issue.  So taking him as he is, and turning that into an NFL capable player that can read defenses and beat them with his arm, may as well hope to bring peace to the Middle East. 
    • Even 49ers/Dophins type offense requires a quarterback to complete high school throws, which Bryce simply can't do. 
    • The bolded paragraph basically confirms that our players know what most fans have also known for quite sometime: Bryce is the problem.   Panthers lose, but there’s a different vibe since Andy Dalton replaced Bryce Young Joseph Person CHARLOTTE, N.C. — When Joe Burrow and a desperate Cincinnati Bengals team were putting up touchdowns quicker than department store Christmas displays in late September, you figured the Carolina Panthers were headed toward Blowout City. Down 31-14 late in the third quarter, another Panthers team — like the one from a few weeks ago — would have folded up, eaten a 30-point loss and tried to beat the traffic out of Bank of America Stadium. Instead, the Panthers scored on consecutive possessions, handed Burrow his first interception of the season and pulled within a touchdown midway through the fourth quarter. And while the Panthers didn’t hand Burrow a fourth loss to start the season, they at least kept things competitive Sunday before falling 34-24. And when you’re coming off a 2-15 season and just benched last year’s No. 1 pick two games into this one, that will have to suffice. “I don’t call it a moral victory. A loss is a loss,” cornerback Jaycee Horn said. “But at the end of the day, you could feel the vibe that we’re getting better as a team. Can’t deny that. We’re gonna find a way to shake back and go out there next week and get a dub.” Carolina coach Dave Canales speaks with QB Andy Dalton during the game Sunday as Bryce Young looks on. (Bob Donnan / Imagn Images_ The most obvious difference is at quarterback, where Andy Dalton wasn’t as on-point as he was in Vegas but still turned in a “solid day” at the office, as first-year coach Dave Canales called it. Canales isn’t asking Dalton to do too much: Get the Panthers in the right play, try to hit the first read and don’t put the ball in jeopardy. Whether it’s lingering effects from his 62-sack rookie season or something else, those are things Bryce Young wasn’t doing as the Panthers started 0-2 while being outscored 73-13. And when the quarterback isn’t playing well, it has a way of sucking the energy out of an entire organization. But there was a different feeling Sunday at Bank of America Stadium, where the Panthers went toe-to-toe with an AFC team that has a franchise quarterback and playoff expectations. Also of note: No fans were seen with bags over their heads or heard chanting for the owner to sell the team. Progress. “I think something flipped,” right guard Robert Hunt said. “We’re just trying to win some games. Guys are clicking. We never felt out of it today. We were saying the whole time, ‘We’re about to go down and win this game.’ Unfortunately, it didn’t go our way.” What flipped is the quarterback, though players don’t want to call out Young because they like him and voted him a team captain less than a month ago. Plus, they might need him if something in Dalton’s 36-year-old body stretches or snaps the way it did Sunday for veteran linebackers Shaq Thompson and Josey Jewell. But Canales has indicated he plans to ride Dalton as long as he’s producing, much like rookie receiver Xavier Legette rode his imaginary horse — inspired by his actual horse named Dolla Bill — back to the sideline Sunday following his first career touchdown. Legette’s performance against the Bengals personified where the Panthers (1-3) are nearly a quarter of a season into the Canales/Dan Morgan era. The former South Carolina wideout, drafted with the last pick in the first round, caught six passes (matching his total from the first three games) for 66 yards and the TD. But he also had two of the handful of drops by Panthers receivers and tight ends, a couple of which came in key spots (Diontae Johnson in the end zone on the first drive; Feleipe Franks on a fake punt that would have extended a drive). The roster might not be teeming with Pro Bowlers, but there is talent here. Like Legette, it’s about cleaning up the details. “I wouldn’t really say it’s a healthy loss because the two drops that I had, that’s the difference between winning and losing,” Legette said. “If I would have made those plays, we would have been able to stay on the field and maybe get a touchdown to win the game.” GO DEEPER Bengals top Panthers 34-24 for first win of season: Takeaways There were other examples of those little things that usually separate the winners and losers on Sundays: • Shoddy tackling on a pair of Cincinnati touchdown receptions, including a pitiful showing on a Ja’Marr Chase 63-yarder in which Xavier Woods, Charles Harris and Troy Hill all whiffed. • The offensive line failing to deliver Chuba Hubbard into the end zone on three tries from 2 yards or closer (sandwiched around that fade to Johnson on second-and-goal). • Pass rushers that never sacked Burrow and barely made him sweat, the one exception being a Jadeveon Clowney pressure that forced Burrow into a poor throw that Woods intercepted. • Nick Thurman jumping offside on third-and-4 after the Panthers had climbed back within a TD. • All those drops, including two deep balls that ticked off Johnson’s fingertips. “I’ve just gotta have those, gotta come down with those,” Johnson said. “It comes down to the details. What could I have done better to get more separation or (win) at the catch point?” The sooner the Panthers hammer out the fine points, the better. Because while there are some upcoming games they could steal, beginning next weekend in Chicago, the post-Munich portion of the schedule could get ugly, especially if the injury news on Thompson is bad. In the meantime, the uber-positive Canales will keep preaching process … and progress. That was his message Sunday. “For me just talking to the team, encouraged that our football continues to improve,” he said. “But we’ve gotta finish and we have to execute. And it all starts with me as the head coach.” It starts with the head coach and the quarterback. And if nothing else, the Panthers are in better shape than they were two weeks ago. Dalton was a workmanlike 25-of-40 for 220 yards with two touchdowns and an interception. The pick came in the first half when Trey Hendrickson beat Ikem Ekwonu and hit Dalton’s arm as he was releasing. It also looked like Dalton could have stepped up more in the pocket; Canales said he’d have to see the film. Like many of his teammates, Dalton said the mojo around the team is different, even if it didn’t result in a win Sunday. “I definitely feel it. I think just what this team has been through the last several years, I mean, we were in this game until the very end,” Dalton said. “I think for us, it’s like, all right, how can we change that? When we get to be in these moments where we have a chance to win — go drive down and win the game.” (Top photo of Diontae Johnson: Matt Kelley / Getty Images)