• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer talks Panthers, Burns, and details McCaffrey trade...

Mr. Scot

Unless somebody comes offering a QB level trade package, Burns is here to stay and that's a good thing.  1st rounders are enticing, but established guys who have proven it are even better. 

I'd rather have 1 Brian Burns than 1 Shaq Thompson & 1 Vernon Butler for instance. And yeah, 2 first rounders could turn into 2 of the greatest players in the history of the game, but they could also be busts. Established guy who's grown into a leader on a young defense? I'll take that. 

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, t96 said:

Still an extremely big concern for this team going forward. Tepper, you fuging hired a GM, assistant GM and cap guy. Trust them to do their fuging jobs and stop meddling.

Considering Tepper is the owner, he should be at very important meetings like this that involve the teams future.

Since he let the experts he hired do a great job, I would not say his interest in attending could be considered meddling.

Edited by KatsAzz
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, t96 said:

Still an extremely big concern for this team going forward. Tepper, you fuging hired a GM, assistant GM and cap guy. Trust them to do their fuging jobs and stop meddling.

You don't really think they were going to trade CMC without consulting Tepper?  You don't trade the face of the franchise without clearing that with the owner first.  I hate Tepper as much as the next guy but him being on this would be expected.  That would be a sure way of getting fired if you didn't. 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

26 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

and then CMC picks up the playbook and the 49ers become the best in the NFC West

Geno and a Rams team in need of a CMC or OBJ are not going to keep a CMC focused 49ers team from taking that division

Or he does what every RB under Shanahan at the 49ers does breaks down. Ask around you might be able to trade that Panthers 22 in for a 49ers 23 

15 hours ago, KatsAzz said:

Considering Tepper is the owner, he should be at very important meetings like this that involve the teams future.

Since he let the experts he hired do a great job, I would not say his interest in attending could be considered meddling.

15 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

You don't really think they were going to trade CMC without consulting Tepper?  You don't trade the face of the franchise without clearing that with the owner first.  I hate Tepper as much as the next guy but him being on this would be expected.  That would be a sure way of getting fired if you didn't. 

Sure, consult Tepper on making a move, include him in the meeting; but "huddled to come up with a blueprint for what they wanted out of a deal" is taking his involvement much too far. The worst franchises in the league are the ones with meddling owners. Tepper doesn't know sh*t about football compared to the experts he should be hiring and he shouldn't be involved in coming up with a blueprint for what we want in a trade.

3 hours ago, t96 said:

Sure, consult Tepper on making a move, include him in the meeting; but "huddled to come up with a blueprint for what they wanted out of a deal" is taking his involvement much too far. The worst franchises in the league are the ones with meddling owners. Tepper doesn't know sh*t about football compared to the experts he should be hiring and he shouldn't be involved in coming up with a blueprint for what we want in a trade.

Agree on football decisions and I definitely blame him for meddling in our yearly QB clusterfug, but draft capital, pick value,  those sorts of things are his bag. Analyzing value of things. Placing a value on something. 

And financials or contract issues that could be part of it, that is boss/owner stuff too. 

Just do not let him pick the coach, the players, none of that. 

I have an idea that would allow him to play with his toy though. Do something like let him have the 7th rounder every year to play with, maybe he’ll get lucky. No one much hits on 7th rounders he can probably do about average.