• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don’t touch the Defense

Panther53521

2 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

Don't touch the Defense!! Wilks put his finger prints all over this...just shows what a loser snow was and his college scheme...we all new the talent was underperforming under him...

The Wilks zone with the Snow college front made no sense haha. Linebackers were lost in that mush. Looked more pro today even with missing Horn and Chinn

• Pie 1

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

The Wilks zone with the Snow college front made no sense haha. Linebackers were lost in that mush. Looked more pro today even with missing Horn and Chinn

LBs been lost for a long time....you could see a distinct turnaround in the D tho...i mean this was Brady.... maybe the Giselle coochie is occupying his mind...

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, Panther53521 said:

Get back Horn healthy, find a MLB in the draft, but don’t trade, release or anything else on the defense side. I know Brady was off and his WRs could catch anything, but I like the way this defense is playing right now.

on the offense, do what ever you want, trade, release, or dump players. But DONT TOUCH THE DEFENSE.

I'd like to see Brandon Smith get reps at MLB. He has all the tools to be a star player. 

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

You want your MLB to basically be QB of the defense though. I'd currently take Luvu for that role, I like Littleton as well for guys that can read the offense

...thats what was so crazy good about Luke...qb on the D and Cam qb on the O.... Riv was such a stone head to not be able to take advantage of that...Shaq amounts to the left strap on Lukes jock...

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

...thats what was so crazy good about Luke...qb on the D and Cam qb on the O.... Riv was such a stone head to not be able to take advantage of that...Shaq amounts to the left strap on Lukes jock...

Yeah every other play i'm like fug Shaq, then he makes a play. I think he was just asked to do too much for too much money. He's just a solid Sam or Will, not the face of the defense. I already like Luvu and Littleton more for cheap

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I have to admit if I were the GM, two first for Burns would be very tempting.  Especially given that he is going to cost us a lot of money before much longer.  But I understand the arguments for keeping him.  

I don't even like this draft class so f that. Hypothetically sounds nice but what 2 players do you think could make that kind of impact between picks 12 and 32? 

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I don't even like this draft class so f that. Hypothetically sounds nice but what 2 players do you think could make that kind of impact between picks 12 and 32? 

Well, I am not sure they would have both been in this draft class, it wasn't confirmed whether it was two this year, or one and one next year.  But just saying I would be tempted, not that I would actually pull the trigger.  

10 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I have to admit if I were the GM, two first for Burns would be very tempting.  Especially given that he is going to cost us a lot of money before much longer.  But I understand the arguments for keeping him.  

Former agent with the truth.

2 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Well, I am not sure they would have both been in this draft class, it wasn't confirmed whether it was two this year, or one and one next year.  But just saying I would be tempted, not that I would actually pull the trigger.  

Yeah it's hypothetical, but I don't really like anybody on a Burns replacement level. DE's are hard to find, especially a guy like him who is very mature for his age and probably can play another 8 years

18 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

You want your MLB to basically be QB of the defense though. I'd currently take Luvu for that role, I like Littleton as well for guys that can read the offense

I feel you but Smith knock coming out was the game slowing down. I know its preseason but he was all over the field during that stint.  His natural position  is MLB and it looks like he knows how to use his athleticism. Luvu makes sense too but I think Smith needs some looks at that spot this year. Spot reps. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Lurk21 said:

I feel you but Smith knock coming out was the game slowing down. I know its preseason but he was all over the field during that stint.  His natural position  is MLB and it looks like he knows how to use his athleticism. Luvu makes sense too but I think Smith needs some looks at that spot this year. Spot reps. 

I didn't know he played MLB, he seems smart so I'm for it. Seems like we've been using him in special teams and edge blitzes during preseason so who knows. I hope Wilks gets a chance to put these guys in position for success because Rhule was just throwing poo at the wall 

• Beer 1