• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young

Panthercougar68

I love the feeling I get when I watch him play. Yeah we can pick at flaws but I love his processor. He seems like a rich man’s Corral in terms of strengths and i oddly feel like it’d be really beneficial to have both, just because their play styles in terms of movement and processing are on the same book. I didn’t even factor in that he’s a brand himself thatll bring excitement back to the team. Just feels right for us.

• Pie 1

The people saying CJ is more accurate and Young has this great line need to go back and watch the games. CJ and Ohio State haven't played ANYBODY. I’m not dissing Strout and saying that’s his fault, but his receivers constantly have 5-10+ yards of separation. One of which will be a top 10 pick. Strout hits them most of the time which is good on him, but his oline and weapons are a lot better than Young’s and that helps with accuracy. 

If you don’t believe me, go back and watch any game Ohio State has played and then go back and watch Young against Tennessee last week. His line was getting blown up all night. The amount of plays he made with quick throw accuracy and scrambling in and out of the pocket were a thing of absolute beauty. 

I too wish Young was 3-5” taller, but he checks every other box. Arm strength, accuracy, mobility, reading defenses, preparation, leadership, and the “IT” factor. 

• Pie 8

3 minutes ago, SazmoRanger said:

The people saying CJ is more accurate and Young has this great line need to go back and watch the games. CJ and Ohio State haven't played ANYBODY. I’m not dissing Strout and saying that’s his fault, but his receivers constantly have 5-10+ yards of separation. One of which will be a top 10 pick. Strout hits them most of the time which is good on him, but his oline and weapons are a lot better than Young’s and that helps with accuracy. 

If you don’t believe me, go back and watch any game Ohio State has played and then go back and watch Young against Tennessee last week. His line was getting blown up all night. The amount of plays he made with quick throw accuracy and scrambling in and out of the pocket were a thing of absolute beauty. 

I too wish Young was 3-5” taller, but he checks every other box. Arm strength, accuracy, mobility, reading defenses, preparation, leadership, and the “IT” factor. 

Yeah, the Bama OL is not very good this season and he doesn’t have the plethora of WRs normally afforded to Bama QBs.  Definitely want to see Bryce take care of his body better and avoid these vicious hits he is taking but toughness is not a question at all.  I love the fact that this guy has never been anything less than elite in every game he has played.  Amazing

• Pie 1

If we take Young with the first pick, I wanna also take Hendon Hooker if he's sitting there halfway through day 2. Most of these vet backup guys are pretty much washed and retired. We really don't need Baker/Sam/Teddy/PJ/Heinicke/etc in the building. Not only that they are recent Panthers Qb's, they are literally on the top of the 2023 FA list and we've already tried them all lol. Other options are Minshew, Brissett, maybe a Daniel Jones but he's doing ok. The days of having a FA Fitzpatrick/McCown are coming to an end

I don't want to be in the camp that doesn't like a QB because of size, but I can't get past Young's. He's a legit 5'10...maybe 5'11". He's under 200 lbs. 

After watching Tua and Murray get banged around, I just have a hard time investing a #1 overall pick in him. Russ made a career of moving the pocket and being evasive. The rules have changed moreso, so perhaps there's hope for Young. Hurts seems to be doing the same. They just have stronger, more stout frames than Young. 

I want to be wrong. 

I'll wait until the entire season shakes out.....playoffs, combine, pro-day, interviews, etc. There's nothing about Young's production and playing style that I don't like other than him sometimes taking off sooner than I'd like. 

I'm rooting for him and if he ends up a Panther, so be it. His leadership, athleticism and drive are top flight. 

• Pie 2

8 hours ago, SazmoRanger said:

Did you miss the OSU vs Iowa game yesterday where his receivers were absolutely not open by 5-10 yards every play and he dropped in dimes? 

8 hours ago, SazmoRanger said:

There’s a couple of factors to take into the yards per separation…

1. Ohio State’s OL is elite and they give Stroud ALL DAY to throw the ball, because of that, OSU runs a ton of deep routes.

2. Because OSU runs a ton of deep routes, their wide outs will ultimately create more separation, the longer the route and the longer the overall time of the play, the more likely it is that separation will occur… college DB’s just aren’t good enough to consistently cover for long periods of time.

3. The result is that Stroud’s adjusted yards per attempt is 13.0 yards per attempt, the second highest total since 1956.

Also… let’s cut the crap about Alabama playing with inferior players, since Saban took over, they’ve recruited better than any team in college football.

As far as SOS… Alabama’s is 1 and OSU’s is 13th… not some massive gap.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1

Wait the Bama OL isn’t good now? I think this is a huge (no pun intended) misconception. When I watch Young play he usually has plenty of time, but then extends the play even longer with his legs. People see him getting “pressured,” but it’s usually after he has had 4-5 seconds in the pocket. The commentators were actually laughing about it during the MSU game. He had 8 real seconds to go through his reads then ran off to the left to buy 2 more of them. They put a timer up and it was 10 real seconds before he passed it. I don’t think he is getting that in the NFL. 

Alabama and Ohio Stare have great OLs, and OSU has an elite WR while Alabama has an elite RB. These are two of the top recruiting schools and both QBs have loads of talent around them. Young is just more of the backyard football player which could be a good or bad thing. He looks better when a play breaks down but does appear to love to leave the pocket (because of his size perhaps) and more times than not QBs need to stay in the pocket in the NFL. 

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, Soul Rebel said:

I don't want to be in the camp that doesn't like a QB because of size, but I can't get past Young's. He's a legit 5'10...maybe 5'11". He's under 200 lbs. 

After watching Tua and Murray get banged around, I just have a hard time investing a #1 overall pick in him. Russ made a career of moving the pocket and being evasive. The rules have changed moreso, so perhaps there's hope for Young. Hurts seems to be doing the same. They just have stronger, more stout frames than Young. 

I want to be wrong. 

I'll wait until the entire season shakes out.....playoffs, combine, pro-day, interviews, etc. There's nothing about Young's production and playing style that I don't like other than him sometimes taking off sooner than I'd like. 

I'm rooting for him and if he ends up a Panther, so be it. His leadership, athleticism and drive are top flight. 

The fact that he’s already hurt his shoulder is a red flag… surely Panther fans know a thing or two about QB’s and bum shoulders.

Young didn’t look near as accurate last night and from a statistical standpoint, his 60% completion % was the worst he’s had all year when playing a full game… and it’s not like Mississippi State has some juggernaut of a defense… most of their defensive rankings are in the 60’s… maybe the shoulder is affecting his accuracy and if that’s the case… I don’t want anything to do with him… there’s no point in drafting a QB at #1 who already has a history of shoulder injuries.

23 minutes ago, Varking said:

Did you miss the OSU vs Iowa game yesterday where his receivers were absolutely not open by 5-10 yards every play and he dropped in dimes? 

Just wait until he actually has an off game, which is bound to happen. Huddle is going to deem him a bust and freak out even more.

• Pie 1