• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young

Panthercougar68

He doesn't have a major flaw playing wise - its why people say if he was 4-5 inches taller he would probably be mentioned as one of the cant-miss Luck, Manning, Lawrence types. 

That being said, size is a real factor. There are some QBs that overcome it, like Brees, but its definitely a negative about him. Personally, I think batted balls is less of being a short thing and more having a slow release, or telegraphing your throws too much. I think Josh Allen leads the league in batted balls, or is close, and hes tall.

I think theres some real benefits to being tall and seeing the field better. Durability is also another factor, although thats usually more about your frame build vs height.

• Pie 5

I love watching him navigate a pocket, its so impressive.  The difference between him and Levis in terms of  pocket presence is insane.  He definitely is a guy that's ONLY drawback is his size, everything else he has at a high level.  I'm more worried about long term durability than height with him.  He's tough as nails though.

• Pie 7

26 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

He plays for Alabama will follow him when he enters the NFL and will likely be what most people mention as a flaw. 

I don’t think it will be as the O-line and WRs are not the usual dominant ones we are used to see. He does a lot with less this year, no doubt. I think it will 100% come down to his size and ability to hold up in the NFL.

45 minutes ago, Growl said:

there are guys at his size who play far more physically intensive positions than QB that hold up fine. 

hes far and away the best ‘Quarterback’ in this class and one of the better ones to come out.

When QB’s get hit, it’s typically 250+ pound men who do the hitting. 

Not the same as Desean Jackson getting tackled by corners.

• Pie 4

27 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

When QB’s get hit, it’s typically 250+ pound men who do the hitting. 

Not the same as Desean Jackson getting tackled by corners.

This is the thing a lot of people overlook. QBs are generally getting hit by BIG dudes and a lot of the hits are blindside hits and hits where they're in vulnerable positions unable to protect themselves (in the act of throwing a football). 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

25 minutes ago, Tbe said:

I need to watch a lot more, but Young doesn’t look nearly as accurate as Stroud.

It’s not a huge gap but Stroud is the more accurate QB.

Stroud - 7th in adjusted completion percentage.

Young - 10th in adjusted completion percentage.

The separator here is that Stroud also had more attempts at the intermediate range… so Stroud fired the ball further down the field than Young and still had a better completion percentage than him. I’d give Stroud the slight edge.

Edited by MillionDollarCam