• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer / Wilks Presser

Mr. Scot

I did not get the vibe that CMC asked to be traded at all from this presser. Not saying he didn't want out or made it known, but nothing from Fitterer here insinuates that to me.

Seems more likely that offers started to come in and he had to make Tepper aware. Tepper probably signed off on anything that included a 1st round pick and anything less needed to further discussion. Something close enough came in and they bit. 

He's posturing as if they are not in wholesale/tank mode because he obviously has to but I really hope that since we started down this path we continue to try and move anyone who can net us picks, with the exception of Burns,Brown,Horn, Icky, and Moton.

Edited by panther4life
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, panther4life said:

I did not get the vibe that CMC asked to be traded at all from this presser. Not saying he didn't want out or made it known, but nothing from Fitterer here insinuates that to me.

Seems more likely that offers started to come in and he had to make Tepper aware. Tepper probably signed off on anything that included a 1st round pick and anything less needed to further discussion. Something close enough came in and they bit. 

He's posturing as if they are not in wholesale/tank mode because he obviously has to but I really hope that since we started down this path we continue to try and move anyone who can net us picks, with the exception of Burns,Brown,Horn, Icky, and Moton.

I disagree, he insinuated cmac was part of the process and was kept abreast of the situation the entire time. 

It's basically a politician at this point.   GM stares you in the face and bluntly tells you something everyone in the room knows is a lie. 

Yes, you are tanking.  No, you aren't trying to win right now.   GM has no problem claiming otherwise. 

and yet some will still treat other things he says as gold and absolutely true.  For the rest of the year, anything they say shouldn't be taken at face value.  Not bashing them.  Just saying this is where we currently are.  Fitt has no choice but to day down is up when asked about certain things. 

• Pie 2