• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers "listening" on Shaq Thompson also

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, PantherBoy95 said:

I've never viewed Shaq as a game changer; but he's been very consistent.  

Consistently mediocre. Why this organization ever saw him as a successor to Luke and/or TD and paid him as such has always baffled me. He's fine as a plug in starter but he's not a difference maker. He becomes a liability when he's paid like one of the top LBs in the league because he's simply not. He's not even close.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Good. I've been one of the few people saying Shaq absolutely needs to be shopped. I honestly don't even care what we get in return. We just need to unload that contract. He's a JAG and he's paid like a HOFer. I honestly don't know if he's even tradable.

Just like my last post about Shaq. I really don’t think he is that great and if you can get a 2nd or 3rd you take it. 

3 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Some of these reports are other teams seeing us like a vulture sees a corpse. 

I don't have a problem with Shaq, and he has shown some badly needed leadership (especially tough with our previous brain trust).  He is a decent LB that is starting to creep up in years.

His major issue is his contract.  He's not Lawrence Taylor, but Hurney figured if he paid him like Luke he would become Luke.  The contract issue can be worked out, especially since his next contract may be his last.  But that is up to him and the team, based on what we see in the remaining weeks.

That said, if somebody offers the right price, his contract is the one that garners the evil eye now that RA is gone.

Marty used to think having "the highest paid player at X position" was something to be proud of.

• The D 1

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Did we publicly announced we were trading burns or Moore? Last that I checked Panthers have been adamant that the only way they are trading CMC is for a haul. 

Most of the speculation is coming from sources outside the Carolinas.

People who cover the team locally all say it's not happening.

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Marty used to think having "the highest paid player at X position" was something to be proud of.

Well, he was good at it.  There is that.

Everybody has something they are good at, even if it is useless or counter-productive.  I guess we can add him to the list of Overpaid to Underwhelm I mentioned above, along with McCarthy.

1 minute ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Well, he was good at it.  There is that.

Everybody has something they are good at, even if it is useless or counter-productive.  I guess we can add him to the list of Overpaid to Underwhelm I mentioned above, along with McCarthy.

I'm fairly certain Marty's primary duty was telling Jerry Richardson how right and how smart he was.

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

3 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Just like my last post about Shaq. I really don’t think he is that great and if you can get a 2nd or 3rd you take it. 

I'd do backflips to get a 2nd. I'd be happy as a pig in poo to get a 3rd. I honestly think you're looking at a 4th or even a 5th might be the likely ceiling.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, joemac said:

Its TOTALLY not a fire sale, y'all....we're just looking to deal every single player on our roster with any sort of skill and a big cap hit. 

And two vet leaders in cmc and shaq. Like those are the two main leaders on this squad. We haven’t had true leaders since td cam luke and Olsen left. This team has no identity. Hopefully jaycee, icky and Chinn start leading the way with a new qb we’re about to draft next year.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd do backflips to get a 2nd. I'd be happy as a pig in poo to get a 3rd. I honestly think you're looking at a 4th or even a 5th might be the likely ceiling.

I think it would be a late 3rd (pending on the team) or multiple picks. I dont see it being a single 4th or 5th. It wouldnt be worth it in return. Have to make the best of the dead cap we would get in return.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I'm fairly certain Marty's primary duty was telling Jerry Richardson how right and how smart he was.

I always said that was how the Raiders and Cowboys interviewed coaches.  Whoever could recite the following to Al Davis the fastest: "What a great idea sir.  You sure are a genius.  I hope that one day I can advance to be half as smart as you, sir.  Do you like one sugar or two in your coffee?"

The winner is actually the candidate that can say that the fastest, but does not need that last sentence because he already knows the answer.