• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What a bust...

TheCasillas

14 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Kris Jenkins could rush the passer racking up sacks and shut down the inside run. He anchored a DL that prided itself on stopping the run.

This DL has no DT anchor. The defense gets gashed up the middle all the time. Gives up yards and first downs. 3rd and long rushing 1st downs has been ridiculous this season with the RB going right up the gut after the opposing OL take advantage of getting Brown out of position.

Brown is far from being Kris Jenkins. He is far from even getting an all pro vote.

When your team loses you look for anything as an improvement. Even if it is bad for a championship team. Glad to see Brown going from bust to serviceable this season. Will he hold up? I hope so, or he is back to bust level.

Anyone with eyes still knows he is inconsistent and a huge target for opposing offenses running the ball.

Is he even on the same level as Buckner? I don't think so.

Lets see how effective Brown’s pass rush and sack numbers are when he finally gets to play on a defense with a Mike Rucker-level DE on the right side and a Julius Peppers-level DE on the left.

Not to mention a Charles Johnson-level DE as well.

• The D 1

10 minutes ago, stbugs said:

They are tied at 12 and Allen has 85 more attempts according to PFR. 

I saw a tweet that Allen leads the league by a large margin since being drafted into the NFL. No knock on Allen, I was just calling out you'd be surprised who gets their passes batted at the line. Both good and bad QBs. 

I probably should have added that context but I was on a treadmill, ha

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

No, I got you but I’ve watched Allen a bunch and his batted balls are more of a trying to make a play/you don’t even notice them, whereas Baker’s were wow, he can’t even see over the line. Honestly, Baker would have way more if he tried to throw more passes in the pocket. It’s been shown in here a few times where DJ was open over the middle against the Giants. Wide open right in the middle but Baker couldn’t see him and as DJ keeps going right, Baker has to wait until he’s outside the tackle to throw it and by then DJ now has the LB in the flat coming back to knock the ball away. No batted pass but his height was 100% a problem since he couldn’t get the pass to DJ before he ran 20 yards to the sideline.

Yeah, im jumping on the height train for QB as well. I have never really defended or accosted short QBs... I've only said I'd prefer prototype size at QB. I have drawn the line at 6'2 ... which was one reason why I was happy we drafted MC9 over the other options. No idea where MC9 will be talent wise at this point next year, but I was thankful he was the pick due to his height.

Our next QB needs to be large, and thats why I am staying on the Will Levis hype-rail. We get the right coach... I really think we will not be looking for a QB for a long time. We shal see though...

• Pie 2

So glad he turned the corner.......brown is one of the very few thats played hard each week ...while still cashing dem milllions of dollars.  

plus if he was struggling now and someone made a post it would be 30 pages long by now, so sad....

Edited by Basbear