• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wilks Monday Presser

Jackie Lee

On 10/17/2022 at 5:57 PM, Jon Snow said:

Sounds like someone decided to alter the game plan.

It was the same game plan all game, it was just a gameplan that can only work for a quarter before the defense just sits on the los.  It was an impossible gameplan to actually win an nfl game with.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Tr3ach said:

It was the same game plan all game, it was just a gameplan that can only work for a quarter before the defense just sits on the los.  It was an impossible gameplan to actually win an nfl game with.

What you saw was what McAdoo came up with and Wilks let things get out of control.  I'm guessing there may be some tensions going on that are not limited to the players. You will see the cracks starting to form soon.

4 hours ago, stbugs said:

Beyond that.

Hey folks, we are working on passing vertically as we’ve gotten the horizontal passing down now. You’ll see us work in the vertical game over the next 4 weeks.  Ben has ordered a lamination machine so once he gets that we’ll be ready to go vertical.

🤣🤣🤣

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47yp55azgwyz6wphawau

56 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

What you saw was what McAdoo came up with and Wilks let things get out of control.  I'm guessing there may be some tensions going on that are not limited to the players. You will see the cracks starting to form soon.

I think Wilks definitely has some responsibility. 

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Oh he definitely does shoulder the responsibility, he's the head coach. 

There's one thing that struck me as odd was that there was no mention of whether McAdoo was ever a consideration.  Not that I care but it was as if he wasn't even given a chance to make his case. If he was I've not read anything about it. 

Something like that would have to effect the dynamic between he an Wilks one would think.

19 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Harkens back to Rivera, Pre-Riverboat days. Wilks said they were going to be aggressive on both sides of the ball, and the offense was playing scared. I also know McAdoo is a stubborn MF so he could have called "Literally" what Wilks told him to just to be a dick

On 10/17/2022 at 5:53 PM, Jon Snow said:

It's not a matter of want to. It's a matter of who's healthy. Who sucks the most seems to vary week to week. At this point it doesn't matter to me.

In terms of someone wanting to acquire him. Not Panther depth chart status. 
I can’t see anyone wanting to give him a contract. 

On 10/17/2022 at 1:34 PM, Jackie Lee said:

Sounds like he'll activate Sam off IR on Wednesday

Worst thing that can happen to this team.

Darnold can win a couple games behind this oline, which is the best he will ever had. Plus he now has CMC.

Prepare for some bullshit moral victories and the 5th pick in the draft.

19 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Yes. We know PJ and Sam are not. We KNOW this. There is ample tape proving it.

Baker is about the best we have and then MAYBE Eason. 

If it isn't Baker or maybe Eason, it's a pick your poison turd we are gonna lose with anyway.

Darnold has identical stats as Baker with he worst oline in the NFL and no CMC. Plus his rushing numbers look better.

Believe it or not from what we’ve seen of Baker so far, Darnold is actually better and awful as he is.

2 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Worst thing that can happen to this team.

Darnold can win a couple games behind this oline, which is the best he will ever had. Plus he now has CMC.

Prepare for some bullshit moral victories and the 5th pick in the draft.

Does that mean you're 100% sold on Stroud or Young? Might as well evaluate Darnold and Eason behind an average O-line.