• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We are the only team in the NFL with 5 losses

Hoenheim

the offense can literally not score a single touchdown in a football game and people are still suggesting defense

offense and defense are not equal parts of the formula for success anymore, you can LOAD THE D as much as you like and still be a horrible football team

3 hours ago, rayzor said:

i hope there's better options, but the top 2 i keep seeing mentioned, Young and Stroud... i mean Young is short. Looks like he's got exactly what you need between the ears for someone of his stature and the 'not as lazy as you would think' comparisons to wilson in his immediate problem solving skills....but still he's short and he's from alabama and which stud QBs have come from bama?

meanwhile stroud has the size, he's got the arm, he's got the touch, and he's got everything going on between the ears you would want. he's got poise...but just like bama QBs, OSU QBS tend to be not as good as they were in college and rarely live up to the hype.

so are there other stud options? i see hooker mentioned and he's kind of a local "kid" but he's not hyped at all despite rock star stats i see. i mean last year 31 TD passes and only 3 INTs? why is this kid not hyped?

Well I'm not a huge fan of young either but Bama did produce Hurts who is doing pretty well. It's early for a 100% review on all the QBs coming out but I like Stroud probably more than anyone. After that I see Hooker as probably the most talented but his age he's probably more a transition QB than a franchise one. Tanner McKee is another QB who could surprise people. He has subpar talent around him but he's got all the skills to be a NFL Starter. 

@DJ feed me moore

4 hours ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

This is eerily similar to Cam Newton with the rise of Hendon Hooker, the QB from TN. Cam Newton took the NCAAF by storm and was unstoppable, he beat great teams too. Let's see if TN can make it to the finals. I think if they win the Championship, you have to strongly consider Hooker as a candidate, the kid is from Greensboro, NC too. 

Cam was nowhere near top of the QB chart when the season started.  He rose up and took the Heisman Trophy and #1 pick.   Played pretty damn will considering they didn't give him a true #1 WR his entire time here. 

4 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I was really impressed with Hooker. I could see him having a Burrow rise through the ranks and be the number 1 projected pick. 

You obviously didn't see the Alabama/Tennessee game or you just have your heart set on Young or Stroud.  

This young man is legit.  I saw him make some great throws.  Didn't phase under pressure, stood in the pocket and ran only when necessary. 

Fug the age.  25 is still a baby.  If he is a legit QB he could last 12-15 years more. 

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

You obviously didn't see the Alabama/Tennessee game or you just have your heart set on Young or Stroud.  

This young man is legit.  I saw him make some great throws.  Didn't phase under pressure, stood in the pocket and ran only when necessary. 

Fug the age.  25 is still a baby.  If he is a legit QB he could last 12-15 years more. 

I did and yes I would not be upset if we took Young. Kid looks really different from the other Alabama QBs. In that he doesn’t look like he is just good because if the players around him. He is just good and the players around him are just good. 
I was just saying that we possibly could see Hooker make a meteoric rise through the draft, not that we will. Hookers age is a red flag for me. So if we have a choice between Hooker or Young we take Young. 

Edited by TLGPanthersFan
  • Pie 1

7 hours ago, rayzor said:

i figured we wouldn't have close to a winning record. Didn't see it being on this scale.

looking more and more like 2010. could be worse. i didn't think we could be worse off than we were with clausen, but here we are.

at least in 2010 we had a couple really good options for QB...i mean early on we still had luck as an option (or so we thought at this point in the season) and we were starting to hear about this kid named cam newton.

i think we can get a decent head coach, but is there a rock star QB coming out next year?

Let’s hope we have shed enough bad karma to get another Cam like situation or at least close to it

20 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I did and yes I would not be upset if we took Young. Kid looks really different from the other Alabama QBs. In that he doesn’t look like he is just good because if the players around him. He is just good and the players around him are just good. 
I was just saying that we possibly could see Hooker make a meteoric rise through the draft, not that we will. Hookers age is a red flag for me. So if we have a choice between Hooker or Young we take Young. 

Not many QBs coming out of college don't have that concerns.  

Young has the "IT" factor.  He makes plays when initially the play isn't there.  I get the love for him and would not be upset if we drafted him.  That said, I worry about his height and his durability.  He can't take shots like he did against Tennessee.  NFL players will make him pay and he'll get hurt.  

Stroud has all the tools to be good.  One thing I noticed about him was some of his passes don't have the zip they should especially on out patterns.  He gets away with those throws in college, he won't in the NFL.

I've seen a couple of Tennessee games but never really focused on Hooker until last Saturday.  He handles the pocket well.  Has all the tools to be as good as Young or Stroud.  He just hasn't had the exposure, until this year, that Young and Stroud have had.  If Tennessee runs the table in the SEC and reaches the SEC Championship game, he'll be right up there with Young and Stroud.  Very similar to Joe Burrows climb a couple of years ago.