• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So who is better, Stroud or Young?

Randolph Panther

9 minutes ago, Growl said:

it is a testament to how stupid the average fan is that they want will Levis over Bryce young because of their height weight listing on espn.com

guys don’t just come around who are as good at playing the position as young is while still having so much physical talent

5'10 180 is a recipe for disaster, let another team deal with that

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

What is Young's physical talent?  It is smart and great at reading defenses.  I don't see anything physically jumping off the charts?

“smart and reading defense” isn’t physical talent dingo 

but neither is merely checking the box of being tall

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

how big is he then?

what a stupid question 

you’re the one manufacturing a sensational and unprovable take to reinforce your stance, I’m not carrying the burden of proof

go ahead and offer something to substantiate your claim other than “well I’m looking at it”

13 hours ago, rmoneyg35 said:

Do we have to get a Qb? If our staff thinks Stroud can be a NFL qb then we draft him otherwise I say we get Will Anderson.

Yes - we HAVE to get a QB, this draft.  No if's, and's or but's. We cannot continue on this QB path as a franchise.  There will not be a fanbase left when (if?) they eventually figure it out.  If we do get a guy like Will Anderson, what do you propose we do at QB next year?

18 minutes ago, Growl said:

“smart and reading defense” isn’t physical talent dingo 

but neither is merely checking the box of being tall

My fault.  I meant "he is smart at reading defenses."  My question is what is his physical talent that you are so excited about?

Just now, ForJimmy said:

My fault.  I meant "he is smart at reading defenses."  My question is what is his physical talent that you are so excited about?

if I see a player who can make every throw on the field, losing no velocity on the ball, who can quickly and efficiently navigate traffic in the backfield, is an effective mover and can throw accurately on the run, doing all of things things at an elite level, that player has outstanding physical talent

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Growl said:

if I see a player who can make every throw on the field, losing no velocity on the ball, who can quickly and efficiently navigate traffic in the backfield, is an effective mover and can throw accurately on the run, doing all of things things at an elite level, that player has outstanding physical talent

I can see that.  He will just need to adjust him game some in the NFL, but most players do.  Extending plays long enough to take those hits will hurt a lot more when it's NFL players doing it.  He seems very good at staying calm under pressure as well.