• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Rams GameDay Thread

Zod

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Play action pass works wonders, especially when we were running the ball effectively before the Rams figured out we had ZERO intention of throwing downfield. 

Rams knew staff didn’t want to risk PJ throwing the ball downfield. We played too conservative in that aspect, “fug it DJ down there somewhere” would have been better than the conservative output today 

Edited by Panthercougar68
  • Pie 1

Just now, 45catfan said:

Play action pass works wonders, especially when we were running the ball effectively before the Rams figured out we had ZERO intention of throwing downfield. 

You are thinking PJ is still capable of fooling the defense into thinking he is a passing threat? My friend until Baker or Sam starts everyone and their grandmother knows all the Panthers can do is run the ball. 

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

What was he going to do with PJ? Have him toss the inevitable pick before they cross to 30? The only thing they could do to keep from getting blown out was run the ball.  PJ Walker wasn't going to throw anything other than interceptions if you have him throwing more than you absolutely have to. 

You’re right Jon. That’s the reason why PJ shouldn’t even be in the league. If you can’t trust your QB to throw 10 yards downfield then you need another guy behind center. I think Eason would have at least made the game interesting to watch. If I were in charge I’d let PJ go tomorrow (or demote) him to the practice squad and replace him with Eason.

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

You are thinking PJ is still capable of fooling the defense into thinking he is a passing threat? My friend until Baker or Sam starts everyone and their grandmother knows all the Panthers can do is run the ball. 

PJ isn't a passing threat, BUT at least take a FEW shots to try to keep the defense honest.  There was nothing of a downfield game and time wore on, the more obvious it was to the Rams we were SCARED to pass the ball deep.  At that point they just keyed in on the screen game without fear of getting beat over the top.  Heck, it about got CMC killed.

1 minute ago, SCO96 said:

You’re right Jon. That’s the reason why PJ shouldn’t even be in the league. If you can’t trust your QB to throw 10 yards downfield then you need another guy behind center. I think Eason would have at least made the game interesting to watch. If I were in charge I’d let PJ go tomorrow (or demote) him to the practice squad and replace him with Eason.

If they had a healthy starter PJ wouldn't even have a jersey.  I suspect Baker could play but has elected not to for obvious reasons(McAdoo).

Just now, 45catfan said:

PJ isn't a passing threat, BUT at least take a FEW shots to try to keep the defense honest.  There was nothing of a downfield game and time wore on, the more obvious it was to the Rams we were SCARED to pass the ball deep.  At that point they just keyed in on the screen game without fear of getting beat over the top.  Heck, it about got CMC killed.

You are still thinking like they could convince the Rams that we had a passing threat. 

A couple of incomplete(if we're lucky)passes down field was not going to keep the Rams from focusing on our run game. 

In order to threaten a team deep you have to have a qb that can do that. One that puts fear in a defense because he's known for doing exactly that. PJ Walker? Riiiiight.

Replay isn't up yet but watched the highlights. Why was Eason throwing the ball into the endzone on 1st and goal? Also a bunch of D formations looked crazy, and there was one screen pass to CMC earlier with 3 WR's in bunch in front of him to block but it just turned into a pile of people in front of CMC lol. I'll have more thoughts later now that the replay just popped up and I'm a few more beers deep

I got to the 3rd quarter and can't do it anymore. Live I can handle it but already having the cliff notes there's nothing worth investigating any further. McAdoo is a horrible OC, we need a MLB, and the corners are jags without Horn taking away the #1 WR. Chinn and Luvu were missed as well. I'm going to watch American Movie in memory of Mike Schank instead

• Pie 1