• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is the 2022 roster Rhule built better than the 2019 roster that Rhule inherited?

jayboogieman

3 hours ago, Sgt Schultz said:

You have to keep in mind not only the names, but where they were/are in the stage of their career.  The Cam he inherited was not the Cam of 2015.  Olsen and Luke were putting out on the 18th holes of their careers. 

True, but sadly they were still better then that anyone the team has had play their positions since including Cam's return.

Easily better now than what Rhule inherited. The only place 2019 is easily better is LB and TE (and our LB corp isn't bad, just compared to Luke I mean come on). QB was slightly better in 2019, but Baker/Sam isn't that much lower than 2019 Cam as much as it pains me to say. 

Our next coach has a legit roster to work with and a high pick to draft his QB

3 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Because that was Ron's last year and Rhule started building his roster in 2020.

Biggest problem there is no one knew how to go about rebuilding or building something properly in the NFL. 

No rebuild involves dumping poo tons of money and draft capital into busted vet QBs, making your RB the highest paid RB in the NFL, trading away draft picks for whatever, renting win now players for a year, etc.  That’s what happened under Matt Rhule. 

• Pie 5

3 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Easily better now than what Rhule inherited. The only place 2019 is easily better is LB and TE (and our LB corp isn't bad, just compared to Luke I mean come on). QB was slightly better in 2019, but Baker/Sam isn't that much lower than 2019 Cam as much as it pains me to say. 

Our next coach has a legit roster to work with and a high pick to draft his QB

Cam won more games in 2020 than Sam and Baker most likely will win combined in Carolina. 

and the next HC is only inheriting Matt Corral.  No one else is under contract here. 

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Biggest problem there is no one knew how to go about rebuilding or building something properly in the NFL. 

No rebuild involves dumping poo tons of money and draft capital into busted vet QBs, making your RB the highest paid RB in the NFL, trading away draft picks for whatever, renting win now players for a year, etc.  That’s what happened under Matt Rhule. 

Which is funny when you remember that he was hired because of his skills as a "program builder".

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

56 minutes ago, CRA said:

Cam won more games in 2020 than Sam and Baker most likely will win combined in Carolina. 

and the next HC is only inheriting Matt Corral.  No one else is under contract here. 

I don't really know what point you're trying to make here. Like I said in my original post, Cam in 2019 was slightly better than what we have now. So yes it makes sense he would win more games with arguably the best HC of all time in Belichick.