• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

An analysis of what went wrong between Tepper and Rhule by Charles Robinson

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Hard to say, TBH. Stafford got mauled in Detroit fairly regularly and led them to modest success at times. I think he would have run that Brady scheme a lot more effectively than Darnold, for certain.

He'd also have had familiarity with QB coach Sean Ryan.

Would that have made a difference though? Not necessarily a huge difference.

• Beer 2

8 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

So is this on Rhule, Tepper, or Fitterer now that there seems to be a little more insight into the inner workings?

From what I'd read a little while back (may even have been from the OTC guy, don't remember) what the Saints had done for years has now become more widespread. Teams are maximizing their cap on an annual basis and then adjusting on the fly year to year.

I'm not a fan, but supporters of the approach of pointed out that some of the teams regularly carrying over large amounts of cap space are also putting crappy rosters on the field.

So... 😕

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

After seeing this, I definitely believe that Robbie is going to be traded. TMJ will finally get some real time.

Don't know about Robbie specifically, but I do get kind of a sense that our overall ratio of Temple / Baylor players is probably gonna go down some.

Edited by Mr. Scot

6 hours ago, Waldo said:

I love how they think things could have been different if they had a QB but everyone thry brought in played their career worst here lol. No QB would have saved anyone here.

Sounds like no one is safe. Good.

The moronic thing for me was trading for a talented, but shellshocked QB and putting him behind the worst OLine in the NFL.

Darnold behind our current OLine (with McCaffrey actually healthy) might have actually got us over the hump. Sadly he's ruined now. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Don't know about Robbie specifically, but I do get kind of a sense that our overall ratio of Temple / Baylor players is probably gonna go down some.

They're not actually bad players - people have focused way too much on the Temple / Baylor connection. 

Whitehead is the only one you can really argue was poor. 

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

They're not actually bad players - people have focused way too much on the Temple / Baylor connection. 

Sam Franklin, Sean Chandler, Dayvion Nixon, Colin Thompson, Sam Tecklenburg... the favoritism is real.

2 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Do you think any other team would have kept PJ Walker around this long?

For that matter, a lot of teams probably would have been done with Robby Anderson after this season he had last year.

Chandler and Franklin aren't exactly great either. More than one person questions whether either of them was better than, say, Kenny Robinson.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

The moronic thing for me was trading for a talented, but shellshocked QB and putting him behind the worst OLine in the NFL.

Darnold behind our current OLine (with McCaffrey actually healthy) might have actually got us over the hump. Sadly he's ruined now. 

It was 100% on brand and I knew the moment they did that trade that they would eat it big time. Nobody stood up and was like 'guys this is a really bad idea' in house. They actually thought they had a potential franchise QB lol. 

Sam is and has always been Sam, he was just at his worst last year after a very rough first 3 years. He isn't good and that goes back to school, his hype was always his athleticism and potential but never his mental game. Hell Baker has been a better QB before joining us and he looks like Sam behind that line, or worse. IDK, I wouldn't take that bet personally. It should improve some but I have serious concerns McAdoo can even pull off a decent offense at this point. 

I haven't liked any of Rhule's QBs outside of the 'bridge guy to put up with while we wait to draft the answer' approach...which turned out to be Corral in year 3 in an epically bad QB class where he gets IRed before the season can start. 

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Do you think any other team would have kept PJ Walker around this long?

For that matter, a lot of teams probably would have been done with Robby Anderson after this season he had last year.

Chandler and Franklin aren't exactly great either. More than one person questions whether either of them was better than, say, Kenny Robinson.

I wanted Robinson to be good too after his XFL stint, but evidently he's clearly just not.

I wouldn't have kept PJ Walker around, but QB is a sore subject around here.